The Inn of the Kneeling Man

"Lower your shoulders a little" Anguy said. Sansa did and released the arrow. It hit exactly where she was aiming. She let out a little squeal of joy and reached for another arrow. Ever since Anguy had started teaching her, her skills had grown dramatically. Sansa did not want to admit he was a better teacher than Sandor in case he never returned but Anguy was far better at getting her to hit the targets. It was nearing midday on the second day and despite Riverrun being only a day's ride she was anxious to wait longer for Sandor. She channeled all her feelings into shooting until she could call herself a good shot.

"Rest a while, my lady. You've been at it this for a long time." Anguy said. Sansa agreed and backed up her bow heading into the inn through the back door. She suddenly stopped in her tracks. 6 Lannister soldiers were drinking and eating. Sansa turned back out the door taking Anguy with her. They crouched next to the door with their ears pressed to the wood. Sansa could make out their conversations.

"Who cares about the Stark girl? Have you seen the tits on the Tyrell one?" One said. The others laughed.

"She'd be at Riverrun by now anyway." He continued. "Unless the King's Dog didn't kill her for not shutting up. I like my women young, pretty but above all quiet."

The others banged their mugs on the table in agreement.

"Where're the others?" Sansa mouthed to Anguy who shrugged. Just as he did a figure jumped of one of the bedroom windows out of the sight of the Lannister men. Beric smiled with a devilish grin and walked softly over to them.

"We won't hurt them unless they find us." He said. Sansa pressed her ear to the door again to listen. They went on for hours, they hated Tyrion, worshipped Joffery's sadistic ways, and thought of themselves as heroes of Blackwater. Sansa thought they had drunk enough Ale to forget their own names but when the front door burst open revealing another, they shot to life.

"The Hound has been spotted leaving Harrenhall. He killed the Mountain!" A wave of relief filled Sansa as she pressed her ears further into the wood.

"The Stark girl wasn't with him but I bet my balls she's around here somewhere." Sansa shot up and notched her bow. The Lannister Guards began shouting.

"Find the Stark Girl!" Footsteps went in every direction and Beric signaled the others who were still in the inn on the upper levels.

"Stand back," Beric said to her and she did with her bow still ready. A soldier burst through the door and spotted Sansa immediately. He attacked Beric with his sword and the noise drew the other soldiers like moths to a light. The other members of the Brotherhood began jumping out windows or shooting from them and the soldiers began to fall. One began running at Sansa dodging arrows or sword strokes. In terror, she released the arrow and it flew through the air, landing straight in his neck. The soldier fell down on his knees and blood fountained out of his neck and onto his crimson armor. Sansa watched in fascination and horror as we struggled then stiffened. He was dead. And she killed him. The door to the inn opened and Sansa prepared her bow again. This time the shock really did hit her.

"ARYA?" She screamed in shock.

"SANSA!" A grubby brunette yelled back. Sandor walked through the door after Arya and with two strokes of his sword, he finished off the last of the Lannister Soldiers. Arya ran at her sister and pushed her to the ground.

"You killed our father!" She screamed angrily, hitting Sansa. "You sat there in your pretty dresses and watched him die!"

"That's not what happened!" Sansa yelled trying to fight back.

"You killed our father! You killed our father for your precious prince!" She screamed tears running down her grubby face. Arya was suddenly lifted off Sansa by Sandor. Sansa got up shakily and looked at Arya who was screaming and struggling yelling death threats at Sandor.

"YOU KILLED MY FRIEND! MYCHA THE BUTCHER'S BOY!" She yelled. The brotherhood gave each other nervous looks.

"Arya, calm down." She said. Arya never had listened to her back in Winterfell but this time she stopped struggling.and gazed up at Sansa with looks of distrust.

"Sandor, release her." As soon as she was let go she punched Sandor in the nose. He didn't bother to raise an eyebrow.

"Arya, I know you don't trust him but he rescued me from Kingslanding and has taken me all of this way." She bit her lip and scowled at the ground.

"So I was right. Joffrey was a coward and a liar." She said,

"He was much worse. That is why I am going to kill him." Sansa told her stunned sister.

"Really?"

"I just killed a man. A Lannister soldier. Not close to Joffery but once we get back to Mother and Robb we can hunt him together." She stated calmly, watching Sandor admire the mutilated body.

"I need to get Needle back," Arya muttered. "But for now, I'll trust you. It's what father would have wanted."

"Thank you Arya. Things have changed since you last saw me." Arya didn't reply