ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔉𝔦𝔳𝔢

Author: ꜱᴇʜʏᴀʜᴀʀᴀ

Chapter 5: Ice cream

Wakasa sat on his seat, his face that's always been masked with boredom cracked completely once the little child is done with her words.

How could he stay calm?

The child he thought who ran away from home turns out to be a survivor from a murder case! So, how could he exactly stay calm?

"Does..." For the first time, Wakasa is at loss of words. He became hesitant in speaking, opening his mouth and closing, not knowing what to say yet so he settled himself in observing the little kid.

(Y/n) blinked her eyes innocently at him without knowing the heavy meaning of her words. To her, the ice cream placed in front of her is way more enticing and interesting compared to talking with Wakasa, so she sat herself comfortably in her seat and reach over for the spoon.

Taking a scoop of ice cream, little (y/n) was about to eat it when her eyes met a pair of blank violet orbs, staring straight at her. Those pair of eyes caused her actions to pause, and immediately little (y/n) close her mouth and blink.

Under Wakasa's stare, the little girl became nervous.

In fact, Wakasa himself did not intend to stare at all. He was just lost in his own thoughts and didn't even noticed that he's staring at the little girl blankly.

The little girl blink her eyes and purse her lips, glancing up and down to Wakasa and then to her ice cream.

'He...want ice cream?' The little girl thought of this, and became uncertain. Upon seeing that Wakasa isn't moving nor is he looking any other way and was just staring at her, little (y/n) nervously stood in her seat and leaned closer, her hand that's holding the spoon reach towards Wakasa.

"Here."

Flinching, Wakasa's eyes widen when a spoonful of ice cream suddenly appeared in front of him.

Wakasa : "...?" huh? What's happening??

The white haired was flabbergasted. It took him a minute to process what's happening before he blink his eyes at the little girl, then, Wakasa found himself grinning. He finally couldn't bear to think more about the matter regarding the little girl's family. Since he can't properly make a decision on what to do, why not enjoy this free time and spend it freely? He'll just wait for Shinichiro, this guy, to finish with the gang fight and then rely the information he manage to get.

'Thinking about it, this kid like Shinichiro more.' Wakasa thought silently as he observe the little girl briefly. He saw her staring at him, watching his unchanging face with a nervous look.

'Cute' Wakasa thought, leaning closer and opening his mouth as he ate the ice cream on the spoon. "Thank you."

Thinking that she was right in guessing that Wakasa wanted an ice cream, the little girl who look nervous a moment ago immediately smiled and move back to her seat. This time, she ignored Wakasa and finally focus her attention in eating the ice cream.

Wakasa watch all of this in amusement. He just watch the little eat in silence, clearly enjoying the sweetness of dessert. However, Wakasa did noticed something amiss. The little girl seems to be suppressing the emotion in her face, lowering her head like she's hiding her feelings.

Wakasa frowned, 'Thinking about it, she seem scared when being talked gently and she will suddenly turn calm when facing strictness and rough approach. If she's resistant to soft approach and yield in face of rough approach, what the hell is going on with this kid being close to Shinichiro? Is Shin an exception?'

Thinking about his cheerful and childish captain, Wakasa could only accept the fact that Shinichiro is a very charming person. It seems like whoever he's facing can become his ally anytime soon so it's probably not at all strange for a little kid to like him.

Glancing down, Wakasa blink. "Not giving me anymore?"

The little girl heard this and pause. She look up at Wakasa who's looking at her blankly again. But this time, she could see a teasing smile plastered on his face.

Seeing that Wakasa wanted more ice cream, the little girl look at the remaining half of her ice cream. Her face look hesitant, like she's contemplating on her decision.

Wakasa saw this and couldn't help but chuckle. "It's alright, you don't need to...eh?"

Even before he could finish his words, Wakasa was surprise by the sudden action the little girl did. The little girl, who Wakasa thought is hesitant in giving him an ice cream, actually push the whole cup of the remaining ice cream towards him.

Her face clearly saying 'you-can-have-it', and then she stared at Wakasa intensely. Her eyes were bright and a look of anticipation could be seen in her face.

Wakasa: "...?"

'Little girl, I'm just kidding. I don't want your ice cream! If Shinichiro learns that I actually acted stingy with you and even asked you for your ice cream, wouldn't he mock me and call me a bully?' Wakasa wanted to say that but then he held his tongue and didn't speak those words.

That's because the little girl's eyes looks really, really bright.

Clearly asking for praise, so how could Wakasa have the heart to return the ice cream to you?

He could only nod his head, eat a spoonful of ice cream and show a genuine smile that looks so lazy on his face.

"Thanks brat."

With that, Wakasa enjoyed the ice cream while his heart melts with your cuteness. He can set aside anything else for now, and the problems can be solve later.

For now, perhaps he should order another Ice cream?

—-End of Chapter 05-—
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀