the flayed

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

°•. ┊ Daylight┊.•°
✧ ˚ ━ don't wanna keep secrets, act two

•°✧ ˚ ━ don't wanna keep secrets, act two

CHAPTER FIVE — the flayed

"Shit! Shit!" Dustin shouts, as the room continues to drop and everyone's screaming. Henderson makes his way towards the panel of buttons with Erica following, as they start to beat on the buttons. "Why don't these buttons work?!" The pair argue, while Robin and Steve yell about something. Honestly, I have tunnel vision and it sounds like I'm underwater. Their voices are muffled. I mean, after everything we've survived, a god damn elevator invented by Russians, is what's gonna kill us? Everything comes to a halt; the room, the screaming...it all just stops. Until Steve starts complaining.

"My groin." He groans from the floor. "It fell on my groin. Dustin! Get this off of me! I can't move."

"Is everyone okay?" I question, my ears popping as my jaw moves.

"Yeah, I'm great, now that I know that Russians can't design elevators!" Steve's voice echoes throughout the metal box we're trapped in. Steve shoves Dustin out of his way as he goes over to the panel and starts to push all of the buttons.

"I think we've clearly established that those buttons don't work." Gen turns toward the slightly older boy.

"They're buttons. They have to do something." He huffs, continuing to tap aggressively on the seemingly pointless buttons. Robin points out that you need a keycard to operate the elevator. So, if we don't have a keycard, we're stuck in here.

"Just so you nerds are aware, I'm supposed to be spending the night at Tina's, and Tina always covers for me. But if I'm not home for Uncle Jack's party tomorrow-"

"Oh for the love of god!" I snap. "Listen, kid. If you don't shut up I swear on everything that this Russian elevator is gonna be the least of your problems. Okay? And just so you know-" A hand covers my mouth and muffles my words. The girl continues to talk.

"And if my mom finds out you five are responsible, she's gonna hunt you down, one by one, and slit your throat." Erica says, and I swear my eyes changed color for a second.

"I don't care about Tina! Or Uncle Jack's party! Your mom's not gonna be able to find us if we're dead in a Russian elevator!" Steve shouts. Gen releases me from her grasp and I take a deep breath.

"Hey." Dustin grabs our attention. "What if we climbed out?" He and Steve make their way out of the vent and onto the top of the box. Steve comes back down and tosses Dustin his walkie, while explaining to us that there's no way to get out. Fucking phenomenal. I slide against the wall and sit down, pulling my knees to my chest and setting my hands on them. I'm so over this town and it's bullshit. Gen comes and sits next to me, taking my hand in hers, and lying her head on my shoulder.