Chapter 1

Izuku midoriya is a young child and like many others his ambition is to become a hero.

He always watched videos of heroes as a child and looked up to them.

He didn't struggle with making friends and he has 1 particular one he always played with, Katsuki Bakugo.

Bakugo developed his quirk not too long ago and today was midoriyas' faithful day which would paint the rest of his life.
________________________

Izuku's POV:

I was with my mom driving to the doctor. I had just turned 4 and I was restless to find out what my quirk would be.

Would it be strength based like all might? Would it be more stealthy? I couldn't wait to find out.

My mom could practically feel the excitement off of me. "Now Izuku be patient we'll get to the doctor soon okay."

"Yes mom!" I replied excitedly while clenching my all might figure, to which she let out a slight chuckle

And then we reached the doctor and I heard these words.

"I'm afraid Your son doesn't have a quirk"

To those words I dropped by figurine and sat there sadness planted on my face. I didn't have a quirk...but I could still be a hero right?

If I just work hard enough I can still become like all might.

The drive back home was quiet once we got home I started crying my eyes out.

My mom gave me a hug and tried to comfort me I felt hopeless could I really become a hero with just hard work?

People that are blessed with god like powers struggle with being heroes how can I be one.

I looked up and asked my mother with tears in my eyes "M-Mom can I be a hero?"

She sobbed and replied "Yes my baby of course you can. You can be anything you want to be" she said while giving me a tight hug.

I could feel the warmth radiating off of her the motherly embrace I felt safe in her grasp.

That day I decided I'd do whatever it takes to become a hero.

*3 years later*

I was 7 years old my school life took a complete 180 after I revealed that I was quirkless.

The massive friend group I had disappeared the person who I considered my one and only best friend become my biggest bully.

I was seen as useless the one person who even those at the bottom of the food chain could pick on.

I did as much training as a 7 year old could do. I secretly used the 3kg dumbbells my mom had to workout.

I did push ups, sit ups, squats. I ran kilometers on end.

But no matter what I did I could never contend to those with quirks.

The one thing separating me from my ambition was something I couldn't control.

Something that made me feel like I was in an entirely different dimension from my peers.

But I wouldn't stop. I'd push myself as far as possible if needed.

But would it be enough?

I was fairly fit but that wouldn't help against someone who could make explosions from their hands.

I'd always be a step behind those blessed with power I'd never have the capability of wielding.

But all of that didn't matter. I'd always push forward.

*6 years later*

It was the final day of middle school. The teacher brought a big pile of papers and laid it on his desk

"This is the options for what you could become, but let's be honest all of you want to become heroes!" He said while throwing the papers on the air.

He started to read through all the entries and then faltered for a second. "You want to apply to UA Midoriya?"

The entire class started do laugh at this reveal as I just kept my head down. "That nerd has less chance than all these extras" Bakugo laughed.

"How do you expect to become a hero without a quirk"

"You have a better chance at becoming the president than being a hero"

All those remarks but midoriya didn't react he just took it all.

At the end of the day when midoriya started to pack all of his things Bakugo and his followers stopped him.

"You really think you can become a hero Deku? Be real you won't last 1 second out there" Bakugo said

"Kachhan if I work hard enough I believe I can get it I will become a hero" I replied

"How do you even think you could get in, you're a quirkless bastard" he said with venom in his voice

"UA lifted the ruler restricting quirkless for applying" I said with defiance in my voice

To which I was hit with an explosion. It wasn't lethal but it hurt...a lot.

I crashed into a table and couldn't get up. Kacchan lifted me by the collar and punch me in the face.

He picked up my notebook and ran through the content. "You really think taking notes on heroes is gonna make up for you being quirkless?" He said with a sinister smile.

"K-Kacchan please-" I was cut off by a boom and my note book burnt out. He threw it out the window as it landed in some water.

"I have advice that can help you become a hero Deku" he said to me.

"W-Wait really?" I said with hope in my voice.

"Take a swan dive and maybe you'll get a quirk in your next life" and then he left the room followed with his goons.