Chapter 3

Izuku's POV:

When I finally reached home. I opened the door and it was deathly quiet. I walked inside and I noticed slight red on the kitchen counter.

As I turned over I saw a horrific sight my...mother was on the floor covered in a red substance. I sighed "Mom I told you that you gotta be extra careful with the sausages" I said while helping her up.

"Heh sorry Izuku I was just distracted" she said with an innocent smile. I grabbed a sausage out of the platter she had and asked "how was work?".

"Busy to say the least. Patients just kept flooding in and out" she replied with a sigh. My face went soft. "Mom you should have a nap. You've worked hard enough, I'll microwave the food you let out"

She yawned as she said "You're right Izuku. I'm going to go to sleep make sure to lock the door alright?". "Got it" I replied.

As soon as she went to sleep I started thinking of new ways to train. Just physical training, cardio and martial arts wasn't going to help me with fighting villains.

I needed a way to push my body to the very limits and I realized something. There was a beach that was filled with trash. I could maybe empty it out for training.

My thoughts were cut when I watched on the news that All night saved Bakugo from the same sludge monster that attacked me.

"Wow...he saved both of us huh? He really is Number 1" I thought to myself. I needed to train harder to reach that level.

I needed to push myself more than anyone in order to even be slightly behind those who were gifted.

Sure I could bench 120KG and I knew 6 different martial arts. Realistically if I so much as get touched by someone with a quirk I'm done.

So my training was now. Get better at parries counters and dodging along with Empty out that beach.

____________________
*10 months later*

I screamed at the top of my lungs in celebration. I cleared out the beach. My phone rang from a notification from Selina.

Selina:Hey How is your training going?

Me:It's going great. I just finished up the last bit of Trash.

Selina: that's great! There's still a few hours until the exam do you wanna meet up?

Deku:sure let me take a shower first.

A/N: I don't remember exactly when the exam takes place after Deku finishes so bear with me.

Before Deku left the beach he wanted to do 1 final set. He took a handstand position and started doing push-ups in it.

He did around 20 reps before he decided he was satisfied.

*30 minutes later*

Me and Selina met up at a McDonald's and decided to have some food. We started talking about things before our food arrived.

What we were gonna do if we got into UA oh did I forget to mention she also wanted to be a hero? Well yes she does.

We talked for a while and eventually the bill came. That'll be 1500 yen (12 dollars)

Me and Selina both at the same time said "I'll pay". We both looked at each other for a second and smiled. "Don't worry I'll pay" I said to her.

"Not this time broccoli boy I insist" she replied back. For a good while it was a back and forth between us
both wanting to pay.

"It's only 1500 I'll pay" I said. "If it's so insignificant there's no problem in me paying correct?"

I sighed in defeat "fine" as soon as Selina let down her guard though I took out the money and paid.

"That's a low move broccoli boy" she said with a scowl. "Well I do learn from the best" I winked at her.

"Whatever we have an exam to catch let's go"

______________________
*At the exam venue"

I walked down towards the gates brimming with determination. "I was gonna pass". "I was going to live up to all mights' legacy"

Then I tripped on a rock "I'm a failure. I serve 0 purpose in life, why do I even exist?" Right before I hit the group I was grasped by the collar to save me.

"Easy there seaweed hair". "Why hello Selina."

"Let's go kick some ass already" she said walking off. "Yea yea"

A/N: due to lack of memory we're just gonna assume everything happened the same. We're gonna start right before they get released in the fake city

I could feel my heart beating from nervousness. Countless people around me and some of them most likely gifted with amazing quirks, but I had to push forward

And then the test started. I sprinted onto the field and immediately ran into a robot.

I took a Muay Thai stance getting ready to fight it, but before I could it was destroyed by someone.

"You gotta be faster than that" they said while leaving. "Shit" I thought.

I didn't think of this. If the issue of fighting big metal robots wasn't enough I'm competing with people who actually have powers how am supposed to do this?

10 minutes passed And I still haven't received a point. Every time I would engage in combat someone would steal my points.

Eventually it came down to their only being 15 minutes left. I looked around the battle field and not 1 robot was in sight.

"Come On Give me one robot at least" and just like that a giant robot the size of a big building appeared. "For Christ's sake"

I knew what robot this was. The 0 pointer. It wouldn't do me any good fighting it so I decided to turn around. The distance between me and the robot being 150.

Just as I was about to leave I heard a scream. I turned around and my the corner of my eye I saw a girl with brown hair and a bob-cut about to be crushed.

I sprinted to her full speed in 15 second I reacher her. She was stuck under a piece of rock. I gripped the bottoms and tried to lift it but it wouldn't budge. It must've been at least 500 kilograms.

"Hey don't bother run!" The girl scram. "No way am I gonna go that! I'll help you" I screamed, just even I finished my sentence I saw 3 metal javelins each 120cm long lightly pierce the robots head.

And then...they exploded