The Corpse

Her cloudy and white, expressionless eyes stared right at mine.

    I could neither scream nor run.

    All of my senses and reasoning went into chaos as I started to realize those eyes looked a little too familiar to a friend of mine, Faye.

    I unwillingly began to recall those memories I tried to bury deep inside.

    How could I ever forget that day?

    6 years earlier

    "Faye! Get it together the customers will be here soon!" Screamed a lady while pouring herself a drink

    "Yes, mother" Faye muttered while cleaning the floor with an old and worn-out mop.

    Faye worked in her mom's old struggling cafe called the 'Dream Room' and proceeded with her studies along with it.

    Her mother owned the cafe but was usually never there.

    Skylar somehow came across this isolated run-down cafe when he was running in the small alleys trying to get away from the pouring rain.

    Ever since then he would often visit the cafe after school was over.

    Faye was a shy and reserved girl so she found Skylar's actions weird, but soon she opened up to him and said

    "You know, you are our only customer here"

    "Oh is that so? I just find this place calming and peaceful, I'll be sure to bring my friends here next time,"

    "Oh... You don't have to!" Said Faye bashfully

    The next day we found out that we had tests consecutively for three days so Skylar couldn't make his regular visits to the cafe.

    After the tests were over, Skylar pestered me and the others about the cafe every chance he would get.

    "You guys have to come with me to this cafe, it has amazing coffee I swear!"

    "Are you sure this is about coffee and not the girl you met in the cafe?" said Jake

    "What!? Skylar met a girl? Where!" Gray whined

    "Gray, stop yelling in my ea-

    *boom*

    A massive sound of thunder interrupted me and blasted all across the classroom, soon followed by a heavy downpour.

    We were all so startled by this unexpected thunder and lightning that the whole class went silent.

    The silence was soon broken by Skylar who yelled, "what?! This just had to happen when I promised her, even I won't be able to visit Faye today"

    "So it was about the girl after all," Jake mumbled

    "Who the hell is this girl, and why do you all seem to know about her but me?" Gray sulked

    When it was about time to leave school, it was still raining heavily.

    And none of us had an umbrell-

    *click* *swish*

    Jake smirked while flexing at all the three of us

    "Pfft"