part 2, sky breaker

We follow our main protag again (for now) as I do some shitty world-building, welp enjoy as I am writing this at 1 AM.

Also, the squad will remain nameless fuck you, they are disposable unless I say so :).

----

2861 April 30th

Blucher got sent down as a scouting party with the squad, to the planet of Chieti VI, her part in operation sky breaker was to assess a landing zone for the rest to land at, she got on a stealth prowler.

It entered the atmosphere slowly below the squad was a huge city in which they were tasked to do recon in, she split the squad into 2 taking 6 into the city and 6 to find a suitable LZ for the multiple battalions that were supposed to be breaking into the city.

The prowler landed 6 people made their way out, their job was to scan the areas around the city and find the least defended spot so they could minimize losses, the prowler took off again disappearing into the night, it made its way to the city where a resistance group set up a safe house for them.

6 people came out all clad in Exo suits, they started setting up Blucher in the lead, they finished setting up their safe house, and went outside to the neon nights and heavy rainfall the planet always has each night, the temperature was cold.

Blucher was dressed in civilian clothes, she went around the city gathering intel, along the way she stopped at a street vendor and got some hot food before continuing.

She continued going down the sprawling city gathering intel, she saw neon signs of everything, food, supermarkets. the rain was pouring hard on her she made her way up a building and onto the rooftop where it overlooked the entire city, "Falcon-1 I got eyes on a military base marking for orbital.", she continued watching the movement of the base, writing down everything she saw.

Meanwhile, the troops outside saw a vulnerable point on one side of the wall, it was an old run-down part of it that hadn't seen maintenance in at least 15 years too long for the wall, it was made to withstand wildlife attacks, orbital strikes would breach it completely allowing an opening the troops inside just need to sabotage the power grid and make the city completely blind.

Blucher was on it, as her troops started preparing she got the intel and layout, she went away with it and came back planning the attack, scheduling it to happen a few minutes before the drop happened, meanwhile she brought some Chinese for her squadmates making sure to get soups and fried snacks.

The next day the squad entered the power facility, blucher had hacked their system and added their ID cards to it, all of them dressed like workers of the facility, they entered with no issue and placed charges soon security will be on their ass, so they counted down the time to operation sky breaker, they went out of the main reactor room, 5 minutes till sky breaker.

They went out but they saw the rebel army inspecting the crew they know they'll be recognized and possibly captured but when it hits one minute the bombs go off, they wait in line till they're called up the soldiers inspects them as the ID had a lifetime of only a day the soldiers were about to ask questions before a boom happened and the reactor was destroyed allowing time for them to reach their handguns.

Blucher was quick on the draw as she grabbed a soldier and knocked him to the ground shooting a distracted one putting 2 bullets In the chest then one in the head before killing the soldier that was currently below her, her teammates already killed the other ones as they made a quick escape.

Sky breaker was initiating thousands of single-occupant drop pods landed blowing the hatches as the military base got an orbital strike and a section of the wall as well, the drop pods released their occupants all clad in black armor, releasing large amounts of smoke grenades to cover their approach. They began quickly advancing their approach and eventually breaching the outer defenses.

more drop pods went in as air to air dogfighting was immediately happening, and a large contingent of PW-MK.1s was released from a carrier entering the atmosphere to allow it to take off with its atmospheric combat specialty, missiles took down other rebels PW-MK.1s as the carrier maintained its support position launching pelicans off of its launch bays that were ferrying vehicles and heavy weapons.

taking the city was faster than expected a casualty rate of only 19% was suffered by the ODSTs thanks to the experience of rebel soldiers it was an astounding mission success with minimal resource losses, the rest of the cities fearing a similar fate surrendered to the UEG after only a day.

-----

The end, oh and ill make chapters in a different world that has a different climate, next one could be a desert or an icy or ocean world i guess you'll just have to find you ;)