Chapter 1

Chapter 1: "Come Meet Your Stupid Novel"

Just as Qiu Haitang finished her speech about how Shen Qingqiu was nothing but scum, the crowd went silent. Too silent. In fact it seemed like everyone around the cultivators had frozen. Qiu Haitang looked around, expecting a response from the people surrounding her but no one spoke. She frowned in confusion. The peak lords waved at the bystanders, trying to elicit some kind of reaction, but it was all noot.

Shang Qinghua began to inch forward to hide behind Shen Qingqiu "What's happening?"

Luo Binghe raised a hand to test the air for qi but found none and shrugged in response. 

Qiu Haitang huffed. "This must be your doing, Shen Jiu. You're avoiding the consequences for your actions!" It took all of Shen Qingqiu's willpower not to roll his eyes. Just because you have a grudge against him doesn't mean he's behind everything.

"This master is as clueless to these happenings as you are," Shen Qingqiu coldly responded. Yue Qingyuan came to stand protectively on his free side. Qiu Haitang all but growled at him as he stood unfazed.

As they all stood in confusion, a heavy mist began to drift in. Shen Qingqiu flapped his sleeve through the mist but it didn't disperse and only intensified. Well, that isn't good. 

"What is this?" Mu Qingfang said to himself as he knelt to try to examine it. As the mist rose above his head, he vanished.

Shen Qingqiu reeled back. "Wha-?" Then panic set in peak lords. Shang Qinghua flailed his arms around uselessly. Soon the mist picked up speed  and quickly rose above all their heads. Next thing they knew, they were no longer in Jinlan City.

Shen Qingqiu blinked in confusion as he took in the new environment. It looked as though he had been sent back to the modern era. The room that they found themselves standing in was a stereotypical meeting room with a large flat screen on one wall and snack bar on the other side. He flicked his fan open and tried to hide the stupefied expression on his face as Shang Qinghua slid closer to whisper in his ear..

"C-Cucumber-bro is this what I think it is?" he whispered in English.

"Supposedly. You didn't have some drafts with stuff like this did you?"

"Nope. But there were fanfictions where the past characters reacted to their future. Or it's like those gacha videos!"

"...Ignoring the fact you watch gacha, sounds plausible."

Both abruptly stopped as Yue Qingyuan came to stand next to them. "Did you two notice something?"

Shen Qingqiu hummed. "The decor is quite strange, isn't it?" Yue Qingyuan nodded.

"It is indeed."

Qi Qingqi fiddled with the chairs. They were standard swivel chairs. Weirdly, Shen Qingqiu missed them. He suddenly really wanted to sit down and start spinning around. Qiu Haitang walked over to the snack bar and investigated the water fountain. She jumped back when she pressed one of the buttons and water shot out. Shen Qingqiu repressed a snort. 

"My sword's gone."

Shen Qingqiu turned around to Luo Binghe and saw that Xin Mo was indeed missing from his hip. "Is anyone else missing a sword?" Everyone checked and found that every weapon was now gone. "...Well, that's concerning..."

Liu Qingge grumbled about his missing sword as he turned towards the door. He opened it to see a hallway with no clear end. Stepping out, he took a running start down the hallway. He kept running until he came upon the door again. "Hold up-" When he realized running wasn't going to work, he attempted a qi-enforced punch at the wall. But no qi was found. He stared at his hand before spinning back to the main room. "My qi's gone!" Qi Qingqi and Mu Qingfang went out to join him, Mu Qingfang checking his miridans.