Liam's fan club

Zayn looked expectantly at the door he heard a commotion on the opposite side. It opened to reveal a gaggle of women, all of them with arms full of packages.

Trisha Malik was in the middle of all the action, directing the others on what to do. The group of women who accompanied her consisted of her three daughters and several of her sisters and sisters-in-law.

The young man groaned internally at seeing everyone, already resigning himself to being jerked around in whatever way they wanted him.

"Zain Javaad Malik, how could you do this to us?" his mum exclaimed tearfully, shoving the packages in her hands onto her daughter's. And judging by the look on Doniya's face it wasn't as light as their mother made it seem.

"I'm sorry Mum, I didn't mean to, it was an accident, I swear," Zayn apologized genuinely.

Mrs. Malik harumphed, sitting down gingerly on the edge of his hospital bed, and gently took his injured hand into hers.

The hospital had removed the dressing Liam had done to observe the neat stitches the firefighter had managed to do.

They had yet to replace it though, allowing Zayn's mother to see the same neat stitches.

"You were really lucky Captain Payne was there," she murmured

All three of Zayn's sisters gave him a knowing smirk at the mention of the firefighter, which was studiously ignored by him.

Safaa and Doniya rolled their eyes but Waliyha didn't get the message, or she didn't feel like getting it, Zayn mused that it was the latter.

"Yeah Zaynie, you were really lucky that Captain Payne was there, especially since Niall told me all about how he literally carried you to the hospital in his arms in the rain," the teenager said innocently.

Damn that loose-lipped Irishman! Zayn thought as he glared daggers at his sister.

"Oh my! What an incredible young man!" one of Zayn's aunts exclaimed.

"Yeah auntie, we should really thank him, especially Zaynie," Waliyha continued, still the picture of innocence.

The daggers coming from Zayn's eyes just doubled.

"Oh, what a great idea, Wali! As soon as Zayn's well, we'll invite the rest of the boys for dinner and we can thank Captain Payne in person," Trisha decided resolutely.

Forget the daggers, Zayn was full-on planning Waliyha's murder and funeral.

The teenager clearly wasn't afraid, since she just gave her brother a toothy grin and grabbed the other two sisters by their elbows.

"Don't worry Mum! We'll plan everything out perfectly!" she said, proceeding to drag the others with her out the door.

Zayn hung his head in defeat as his mum and aunts were now fully occupied with dinner plans honoring Captain Liam Payne, who apparently had the entire Malik family as his own fan club.