Shot 3 - Another chance to this???

INAAYAT

'Abeer...No please!!!' I jumped at once trying to stop him. He had literally hung up Peter in air holding his shirt collar like he weighed nothing. The poor man was already struggling to breath with a bleeding nose and here I was trying to stop an infuriated Abeer.

'How ddddare you touch Zoya?' he kept repeating the same lines while I was trying to explain Abeer but he was behaving like a mad bull.

'Abeer please stop it. Peter and I were only talking. Please stop it...put him down please... please' I kept begging Abeer while I did not realise how and when I was in tears. I tried to stop my tears but I was scared. I closed my face with my palms trying to hide myself.

Within a few seconds I heard a thud sound while slowly I felt two hands cupping my cheeks.

'Aap theek he Zoya?(Are you ok Zoya?)' I heard Abeer's gentle voice and I opened my eyes. I noticed Abeer looking at me with a worried look in his eyes. Zoya from his mouth after years felt like honey pouring into my ears.

I nodded and then looked at Peter who was cleaning his nose saying
'Damn it Abeer! Stop...I was not flirting with Zoya. For god's sake I have a fiance please! I was just teasing her!' he said and Abeer looked at me and I nodded.

'I.....I am sorry...I was... scared!' Abeer said softly while I couldn't help but look at his back to again gentle look. How had I ignored all of this for so long.

Throughout the function that evening I couldn't take my eyes off him. He was a gentleman.

'He cares for you...a lot Inu' and this time it was Dharini. I didn't know what to say. I simply applied lemon and sugar on her Henna and asked about who told her about the backyard incident when she smiled saying

'That is not important! What is important is my friend who would run away from 'her husband' for all these years has been eye fucking him all evening!!!' and my eyes widened

'Dhariniiiii language!' I said and she raised an eyebrow saying

'Madam he is your officially married husband. It's Halaal for you!!!' she said and I rolled my eyes and continued applying the solution to her foot.

'Inu...you know I don't like to interfere into anyone's personal matters but Abeer Bhai is a gem. And I genuinely think you both must give each other a chance. I mean fine you both were forced into this but look at the positive side of it. Neither you asked for 'Khula' (divorce) nor did he divorce you! You both were away for years from each other yet working in the same organization. Heck same family.

But just for that one promise he made to you he didn't even turn back Inu...he could have come back questioning you...he could have asked you for a divorce...he need not have done all that he did for you Inu... may it be your education...your will to study in world's best institutes, or your dream to join your Ancestral business. Saira told me it was Abeer Bhai who fought against your brothers to let you join the business.

He did everything for you Inu. Yes he married you against your will. You called him Bhai and he was thrown into a marriage with you but honestly I don't think I ever saw that brotherly feeling in him for you. He kept telling you to not call him Bhai but you still did it because of your childhood habits.

But marriage...it was forced upon Abeer too. Yes he could have denied but why don't you see there wasn't much of a choice with an already dead father, almost to die uncle and a suffering grandmother. Where was his choice to choose??? You were trapped true! But so was he!' she said leaving me with my thoughts.

Dharini and Pearl were exchanging vows. As Pearl poured handful of rice grains on her head she giggled while she repeated the same. Priest muttered something to them while they both giggled and soon Pearl tied a yellow colored nuptial chain onto Dharini's neck as her eyes filled with tears. Pearl kissed her forehead while all the elders were blessing them. Isn't this how a supposed to be a 'happy wedding' should look like.