Chapter 9

Sorry for not updating in a while and I apologize if there's any typos. Feel free to correct me with a comment.

Quincey groaned as his alarm went off for the morning, signaling it was time to start his day. He had gotten enough sleep, however, Monday's were always hard to get through. The time read 6 o'clock a.m. as he pressed snooze, rolling back over to try and get a few more minutes of sleep.

As soon as he did, (or what felt like it) his phone loudly vibrated, indicating he had a notification. Quincey cursed under his breath before rolling back over to check it. It was a text message from Donovan.

Can you please come pick me up? Already running late.

Dono | 6:23 a.m.

Noticing the time, Quincey instantly jumped out of bed and dashed to the bathroom. He sighed in frustration as he was now running late as well. While waiting for his shower to run and warm up, he decided to go text Donovan back to let him know he got his text.

Yeah, i'll try. I'm running late myself.

Me | 6:29 a.m.

It's cool if you can't.

Dono | 6:31 a.m.

No, I got you bro. Just be ready around 6:55

Me | 6:32 a.m.

Alright thanks

Dono | 6:33 a.m.

Quincey threw his phone back down on his bed as he made his way back to the bathroom. By now, the water was hot enough for him to shower in. After striping out of his clothes, he hopped in. The shower lasted no more than five minutes. He got dressed in the first thing his eyes laid across in his closet, then was kissing his mother goodbye.

Quincey pulled up to Donovan's house at the exact time he told him to be ready. He was already waiting outside, with a bag of Fruit Loops in a Zip-Lock bag. He ran over to the passenger side in a hurry, as Quincey put the car back in drive.

"Nigga you ghetto as hell," Quincey sucked his teeth.

"You must want some," said Donovan, cocking his head to the side.

"Hell fucking yeah," Quincey replied.

Donovan laughed as he passed him the bag. Quincey reached his hand inside and got a small handful, proceeding to pop the dry cereal into his mouth. Soon after, they were pulling into the school parking lot, looking for a spot.

After they found one, Quincey locked up the car and him and Donovan made their way inside the school. They met Terrell in their usual spot, only to discover him trying to spit game to some female.

As much as Terrell attempted to get a girl's number, you would think he got paid for it.

Quincey and Donovan both shook their heads in unison once the girl walked away. Terrell had a stupid grin plastered across his face as he slipped his cellphone back inside his pocket.

"Got the bitch number," he nodded.

"You need help," Quincey shook his head.

"Dang can you at least be happy for a nigga? Everybody can't have a Quincey and Bre relationship at the moment."

"What are you even talking about," he laughed.

"Y'all got that Jay and Beyoncè love," he joked.

"Shit, I wish."

"Question," Donovan butted into their conversation.

"Answer," Terrell mocked him.

"Why every female gotta be a bitch?"