Prologue

Adora turned and tossed in the bed, her body seeming to burn under the sheets, the light breaking into the room.
Unable to grasp onto the sleep anymore, she woke and looked for the still silent alarm.
5:44
In about half an hour she would have started her day: getting ready, going to school, spend the lunch-break working out, school again and then a late shift at Razz's.
The blonde sighed thinking about the weight of the busy day, that would leave her too exhausted to even enjoy some quite time just with Catra.
5:48
Adora knew it was wrong, but she really needed the energy boost, so she got out of her bed and climbed the ladder to reach the upper of the bunk-beds.
As expected, the brunette was all curled up in a really cute human ball, half enveloped by the sheets.
The girl smiled and crawled next to her to spoon the best friend and partner in crime.
Of course Catra sensed her, but she didn't move of a centimetre until the blonde's arms were around her waist and the sheets covered them properly again.
"Sleep idiot." She mumbled.
"Mmh mmh" the other nodded, fixing their position to cuddle closer.
Catra couldn't help the giggle that escaped her throat, so she turned to look at the blonde - as beautiful as ever - over her shoulder.
"What time is it?" She whispered.
"Almost six." The girl said.
"Ugh! Too early..." Catra growled.
"I know, I know." Adora chuckled, her words grazing the friend's hair and ear in the most non-platonic way.
Catra had no hope to sleep again, as she was totally overwhelmed by the blush.
To avoid further talking and anchor herself to the world, the brunette hold the arm that embraced her torso, even starting to scratch it lightly, like Adora liked it.
And it did the job, as the blonde finally relaxed and melted against Catra's body.

The world was asleep, a new day would begin, Catra and Adora were together in the bed and nothing could go wrong.

A not so little part of the brunette would have wanted to die there and then, to feel that peaceful forever.

The blonde's chest hurt for the desire to stop the time and always stay like that.

The forgotten clock just kept counting closer to the end of it all mercilessly.

"I want a fruit salad for breakfast." Catra whispered, clumsily turning in Adora's hug to reciprocate it better and look at her eyes.
"Yeah, sounds good to me." The blonde smiled.
"We could stop by the minimarket or Razz's." The other suggested.
Now so little apart, their smelly breath mixing atrociously, the blonde's smile turned in a grimace.
"Ew, wash your teeth!" She mocked her.
"You are the one who came in my bed! And you are smelly too!" Catra replied, covering her face.
Adora could only laugh at her cute whines and then pushed the brunette in her chest.
"Ok, ok...Let's go to Razz's then: I saw we have almost finished the coffee here." Adora said calmer, dreamer.
"Shit, have we? Then, you are gonna ask her for the money- you owe me and I really don't need another round of hypocritical predications." The latina huffed.
"Of course Kitty." Adora muttered mockingly, but also took the chance to play with her locks.
"Don't call me that, Adorka." Catra replied with no spite.
The blonde's laugh enlightened the room and shook the bed and its guests.

And when they were silent again, entangled like one, the wildest emotions assaulted their hearts: the unextinguishable wish for more and the unbearable fear of losing everything, then the familiarity of that domestic love and the never-passing excitement of being in each other's arms again.

"It's been a while since we cuddled like this." Adora commented, tightening the hug, if possible.
"That's true."the other agreed, on the edge of sleep again.
"I missed you." The blonde whispered.
"We are always together, idiot." Catra objected.
"Yeah, but I'm running around and you are studying or working too." She blonde snorted.
"I know...we haven't been alone for some time now." The brunette admitted softly, looking up at her best friend with longing.
"So you do like being just with me!" Adora teased smugly.
"I do not like you, idiot!" Catra immediately retorted with a flashy blush.
"You do! Admit it!" The blonde insisted jokingly.
"No way!" The latina refused and pinched  her hip.
"Hey! That's unfair!" She whined, but the girl's laughers always melted any ounce of anger or annoyance.
"Dummy?" She called.
"Yeah?" The other smiled.
"It will soon be just us. - and a cat, maybe." Catra chuckled.
"You promise?" Adora asked tenderly.
"I promise." The brunette confirmed their old deal.
"Good." The blonde muttered, before kissing her friend's hand under her mesmerising eyes.

...and eventually the alarm rang.
6:15