Fille de Soleil

"Motion sensor activated. Thank you Rose. Thank you for forgiving me. I know it doesn't seem fair, and that it probably has been a rough few months... Or years... I can't be sure how long you've been with me at this point. But thank you for forgiving me nevertheless. It takes some of my pain away." He smiled that cheeky smile, and I felt the tears coming on again--stronger this time.

"Oh Doctor. Why did you have to go." I whispered the words aloud, and heard them echo across the concrete room. The hologram man turned round and seemed to press a few imaginary buttons. Or maybe he was pointing at imaginary clouds, or some other nonsense rubbish like that. One never can tell when it comes to that man.

"Alright Rose. Here's where I sit back and let the tardis tell you what's going on. She's going to kind of speak using my voice and body and shananagins... So I'm not sure if this will be my most attractive performance. The tardis tends to have herself some fun in situations like this. But here we go. Don't judge." He stuck his tongue out, raised his hand in a mock solute, and then promptly say cross legged on the floor.

"Hola, no, español. Yo, wait that's gangstah. Hey. Too informal. Hiya. Sounds like a kid. Sup homedog. I am never saying that again. Aloha. Hawaiian? No idea. Bonjour. I'm not French geesh. WINGAPO. No wait... That's Disney Pocahontas... Hullo... There we go! Hullo Rose." He said slowly, as if testing out his own voice.

I stared at him. Utterly and completely bewildered.

"Sorry about that. There are just so many languages in here." He pointed to his head, and laughed. "But again, hullo Rose."

"Hullo..." I replied cautiously.

"Ah there we go. You're right there." The Doctors head turned to face directly at me; and his eyes stared straight into my own.

"So you're the tardis eh?" I inquired carefully.

"Nope, I'm a traveling baboon trainer from the United States who doubles as an alien copilot for the grand intergalactic airline jet number 777." He laughed again, and promptly stood up, did a cartwheel and sat back down.

"Are you alright?" I asked seriously.

"Yes I am! Of course I'm the tardis silly. Who else would I be."

"Alright. So you're the tardis."

"Yes I am. And you're in grave danger." Somehow the hologram's answer didn't surprise me.

"What's going on." I inquired. The hologram man dropped his playful expression, and suddenly he was all business. There was no trace left of the lively performance I had just witnessed.

"Outside these very doors something has happened. Something extremely dangerous. On a planet about 3.6 million light years away from your Earth, lives a race of beings known as the Sahsarri. They live a live apart from any other types of beings and are very solitary creatures. They are extremely honest with each other, and unfortunately do not appreciate a good sense of humour. The Sahsarri are known for their ability to camouflage with their surroundings; and their tendency to seek revenge." He trailed off.

I knew where this was going.

"Let's just say our Doctor isn't exactly on their good side. The Sahsarri somehow got past my defenses and gained access to the control room. They've hacked into my system, and currently have used my database to construct a nearly-inescapable prison cell some three kilometers down my hallways. They've locked our Doctor away. And since they've accessed the database, there's nothing I can do to free him. It's up to you Rose." He bowed his head slightly, and looked up at me through the 9th Doctor's long lashes.

"What do I need to do." I sighed slightly, and paced back and forth a few steps.

"There's a secondary control room within my corridors. The Doctor knows this, and has been trying to devise a way to get you there for the past few hours. However, he doesn't know the Sahsarri have hacked into the database. To get him out of that cell, you need to override the instructions they encoded into my network. And the network isn't accessible from the secondary control room." He glanced at me apologetically.