Introduction

These are characters I invented a long time ago. I've always wanted to do something with them, and I have even outlined an entire novel for them, but sitting down and actually writing it seems like such a chore.

I thought I would use these prompts to further develop my characters, so they are more full and well-rounded when I eventually write my book (because I will do it some day). But in any case, these characters require some introduction, I think.

Lei is a pirate with a vexing curse. She is cunning, ruthless, and bloodthirsty, but also fiercely loyal. A side-effect of her curse is that she cannot die. Even when she is mortally wounded, she heals rapidly. She is pan-oriented aromantic asexual and is genderfluid. Her pronouns are she/he, but the default is she/her.

Arid is a highly-trained spy and assassin sent to kill Lei to regain his honor. He is working with her to break her curse. Arid appears cool and stoic on the outside, but he has a cutting sense of humor and is actually a massive softie. He is demi-bisexual.

Vinny is an intellectual at heart. He was training as a scholar before he got roped into Lei's shenanigans. His main interests are witches, curses, magic, flowers, and his straight best friend. Vinny is a trans demiboy and is very, very gay. He is a sweetheart to the core, but if you mess with him, you will regret it.

Sebastian or "Bas" is the son of a wealthy merchant. He gives Lei access to his ship and his crew in exchange for a sizable cut of their pirating profits. He enjoys the finer things in life and wants to be friends with everyone. Bas is... not as straight as he thought.

Scarlet is a fire witch seeking revenge against the same witch who cursed Lei. She is a devoted friend and generous to a fault. She is kind and thoughtful and will not hesitate to set you on fire. She is a lesbian and one half of a star-crossed lovers pairing.

Bria is a siren who loathes humans. She thinks they are a waste of space. She also happens to be secretly in love with one. One who has an affinity for fire, of all things. When she sings, she has influence over others' thoughts, and she can control water. Bria's gender and sexuality are unlabeled, because gender and sexuality are human constructs.

I love all of the prompts Rayne came up with, and I would like to try to do as many as I can. But who knows what will happen with my schedule. These stories will have minimal or no strong language and will not have any sexual content.