Chapter 1: I Had The Craziest Dre- Ah Crap...

{*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^}*-Simon-*-Simon-*-Simon-*-Simon-*-Simon-*{*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^}

Simon groaned, rolling over, stretching, gaze landing on the clock on the nightstand.

Hmm...Tuesday...

Thank god-it's his day off. He SO needed it after last night. Craziest dreams he's ever had. Spies and bumbling and break ins and high speed chases and an MIB like bunker hidden beneath the world's most depressing travel agency in existence. Ending up with a Captain America/Boyscout CIA agent roommate and living thirty feet from a scarily gorgeous NSA assassin who made other agents so twitchy they had to be given a heads up on his arrival- and even THEN they panicked.

Simon somehow bumbling into being the single most ill qualified spy in the history of spying all thanks to a Jackass acquaintance from high school and his eagerness for a possible bootleg game.

Tell you one thing after that dream he is never downloading a bootleg game again. Like ever. I mean yeah, it was just a bizzaro dream and logically the only real danger of downloading a bootleg game is a computer virus and some malware but gotta say dreaming about being the world's first and only person to ever actually physically catch a computer virus? Yeah, that's gonna put him off them for a while.

Man...where the hell did that come from?

He doesn't know what he did or watched or ate yesterday that screwed with him so much as to trigger that insanity but as soon as he figures it out he's damn sure not doing it again. It was totally out of left field. W-well... maybe not totally...I mean, okay- he DOES spend a kind of absurd amount of his non-work (and okay sometimes work) hours on the computer or game stations. Maybe it was like a bizarre warning from his brain that he's spending too much time on them. Telling him he's too attached to it - that if he doesn't ease up and step back a little he's gonna literally fuse with the damn things.

Yeah it's a leap but it's the best explanation he can come up with. And he probably could use a little break from all the techie stuff- like all of it; computer, gaming consoles, phone, the whole nine yards. He doesn't think he can remember the last time he went a full day without messing with one–okay all- of them. Actually if pressed he probably can't remember even going a full waking hour without at least one of them.

Umm...yeah...might be a bit much.

Maybe he does just need a little breather from all of that. It probably was just a wakeup call- one he really should listen to. Today's his day off, he can start right now. He could take the day, step back from all the electronic distractions and just relax. Maybe go for a walk, go to the beach or even on an actual hike.

He could straighten up the house, go to the market and pick up some stuff for a real homemade dinner to cook tonight. Maybe even settle in and read a good old fashioned book- like a real ink and paper type book. Just have a pleasant, quiet, peaceful retrospective/reset kinda day.

Hmm...that actually sounds kinda nice.

He gave a soft sigh, rolling back over, pushing himself up into a sitting position before shifting over to the side of the bed. He stood up, stepping into his favorite slippers, stretching his arms up above his head till he heard his back pop satisfyingly. Yawning loudly he made his way to the bedroom door, pushing his hair back, fingers slipping through the tangled birds nest of light brown curls, making his way down the hallway towards the kitchen and over to the coffee pot, getting ready to fill it before pausing, blinking in confusion.

Huh...coffee's already made...

Did he set the timer?

He doesn't usually, not on his days off in any case...a-and it's not full. Did Kevin come over already this morning? He did that sometime when they had the same day off. But No, he works today- and no way in hell Mags's up before noon so what's going o-