Ch. 8

👀
I'm not saying what'll happen next chapter.
I think you can tell for yourselves.
Spicy, spicy!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were sat in Amy's house, quietly reading a book about how to talk again, your confidence having gone through the roof ever since he was declared dead.

You still felt a bit bad, but according to Shadow, he deserved what came to him, so you tried to push it out of your mind.

It was actually pretty easy.

He could never hurt you again.

And you were overjoyed at that fact.

"Y/N?" Amy asked, urging you to glance up.

She seemed excited about something, yet hesitant.

You tilted your head to the side, as if asking what was going on.

"Well you see, there's a fuzzy puppy convention going on soon! I'd love to go, but will you be alright?" She mused, though you quickly closed your book and held her hands, as if urging her to go.

With stars almost sparkling in your eyes, she seemed to catch the hint.

"Alright, alright. I'll go." She'd done so much for you already.

Assuring her everything would be fine while she was gone was the least you could do!

You'd gotten pretty good at taking care of the house.

Cooking, cleaning, making sure everything was in the right spot... the works.

"It starts in a week, and will last three days. I'll be gone during that time. But I promise to keep in contact!" You nodded eagerly, happy for her, before tightly embracing her.

You wanted her to have fun!

"Oh, and before you ask... yes, Shadow can stay over. I implore you to ask him." Your cheeks went a slight tinge of red, and you tried to wave it off, though Amy had already seen it.

"You really love him, huh?" To this, you shyly nodded, your blush still very much present.

"He's still kind of a grump, but I do hope he can become part of our team." If you all were friends... that'd be nice.

You continued to go to therapy, Shadow escorting you there each time, your mood always high once you came out of the building.

He adored seeing you like this.

Sure, he wanted to be the reason you were smiling, but you smiling in general made him happy as well.

Amy was out buying a few supplies before her trip, as she was worried about you and wanted you to have everything you would possibly need, though also to buy some things for herself for her trip.

Shadow had decided to stay over for the day, the black hedgehog currently sat on your bed with you as you read, though you seemed... jittery.

It worried him.

Was something bothering you?

He figured you'd tell him, but after a few minutes of you not even acknowledging it, he asked.

"Y/N. Is something bothering you?" He was prepared to kill again.

Of course, only if things were truly serious. He wouldn't just kill to kill.

You were silent, fumbling with the pages of your book, and he debated getting your board, before he heard it.

It was quiet, meek, but there.