Chapter 12: Wave's Current (Part 2)

One Week Later,

It had been a week since Sasuke's little spat with Naruto, and both Sharingan users were now back to full fighting strength. Kakashi's training had paid off quite well for his original team. Their chakra control and reserves were boosted a good chuck thanks to their completion of walker walking. Once they had mattered it, he decided to send then out in pairs to body guard Tazuna as he continued his work on the bridge. And today was his and Sakura's turn to go, however he decided to bring everyone but Naruto and Natsumi along guessing they already knew the training he was going to have them perform while at the bridge.

Bridge,

Team 7 along with Tazuna were walking along the mist filled bridge heading to the construction area when they noticed the unconscious bodies of Tazuna's workers sprawled along the bridge.

"Seems Zabuza has healed as well" Kakashi stated his visible eye now dressed with concentration.

"Good...I'll finally be able to test myself after the training I've completed" Sasuke said, with a smirk, his Sharingan already flaring in anticipation to test his new strength.

The group continued on, making sure the workers were still alive, who miraculously were. They reaching the end of the bridge when the mist around the bridge grew heavier.

"Ah so we meet once again ne Kakashi?" Zabuza's cut through the tense silence that permeated the air.

The team quickly surrounded Tazuna as planned, while swiveling their heads looking for the nuke-nin. The mist began to slightly clear and revealed both Zabuza in a new outfit, as well as the hunter-nin that saved him from last time.

"Seems you made a full recovery from your 'near-death' state your little friend dealt you Zabuza" Kakashi taunted.

"Even if I wasn't...it would still be enough to finish you. You won't be so lucky this time Kakashi, that Sharingan of yours won't help you." The taller man growled out.

"We'll just see" The Jounin said revealing his Sharingan.

"I'll take the hunter-nin" Sasuke stated.

Zabuza chuckled lightly. "Ah so the little Genin is volunteering to be the first to die? Very well then, Haku show him how real shinobi fight! And don't let your emotions get in the way like the other times either." Zabuza ordered.

Haku just nodded at his orders and walked forward between the two groups just as Sasuke had done. She pulled out a senbon and got in her usual stance, while Sasuke did the same with a kunai. The two soon disappeared creating small puddles and splashes where they landed across the bridge while attacking each other when the opportunities presented themselves.

"Ah I see you had them train during our hiatus Kakashi. But I hope you don't think that a week will make a difference between your Genin and Haku! Hell with her Kekkei Genkai she could in theory beat me in a fight. If I didn't have every inch and thought of her wrapped around my finger that is." Zabuza stated while enjoying the 'kiddie-show' in front of him.

Kakashi heeded Zabuza's words carefully, and in truth had to agree with him. Even with Sasuke's training and bloodlimit activated he still seemed to have a sluggish reaction time against Haku's attacks. A stalemate soon commenced between the two fighters, where her senbon and his kunai were deadlocked.

"Not bad..." Sasuke grunted out putting more pressure on his weapon trying to force her back.

"You've gotten stronger, however I'm afraid not strong enough. I have already won this little battle." Haku stated, before surprising everyone but Zabuza when she began a set of one-handed seals and stomped her foot on the ground to upraise some water into the air.