Chapter 17: Chuunin Exams (Part 3)

"Akadou Yoroi...Uchiha Sasuke...are both participants ready?" The proctor referee called out, once the two got to the middle of the arena.

"Hai" They chorused out.

"Very Well...Hajime (Begin/Fight)!"

(Canon Sasuke Fight)

"Winner...Uchiha Sasuke!" The proctor yelled.

Kakashi quickly 'shunshin'ed to the kneeling Uchiha, before helping him up and walking him out of the area.

"Damn...that seal is causing him a lot more problems then I thought it would." Kakashi thought, while looking slightly concerned at the pain ridden face of Sasuke as he clutched his shoulder.

Back in the arena, the Hokage snapped his fingers and the large screen lit up once more. The names began to slow until completely stopping...

"Sabaku no Gaara and Kira Rei please join the referee in the middle of the arena." The Hokage ordered.

Gaara simply 'shunshin'ed his way to the middle in a swirl of sand, while Rei walked down the balcony and then towards the middle. The proctor was about to begin the match when a voice broke the silence.

"Oi Gaara! Do me a favor!" Naruto shouted, getting everyone's attention, before he 'shunshin'ed himself right next to Gaara with his head next to the container's ear and a friendly hand on his shoulder.

As Naruto spoke, the audience was dying to know just what he was telling the Suna shinobi. Unfortunately he was speaking so lowly that only Natsumi and Yugito who was using the smallest amount of demonic chakra to hear. While the rest of the people couldn't help but shudder seeing the sadistic looking smile on Gaara's face as Naruto spoke.

Naruto soon moved back, smiled at his 'brother', patted him on the shoulder and 'shunshin'ed back up to the balcony next to his team and Hana who had just arrived. Naruto noticed a gaze on him, and looked across the room to see a smiling Yugito looking at him. As if understanding her unspoken words, he smiled back, nodded and mouthed 'enjoy' before looking back at the arena floor.

"Evil Naru-kun...very evil" Natsumi's soft voice reverberated approvingly throughout his head.

"Meh I do what I can...besides he deserves a good beating for what he's done." He thought back.

"Ano Naruto-kun...what did you tell him?" Haku asked, making everyone's attention zoom in on him since his teammate had asked the question they all wanted to know the answer to.

"Just leave him alive." Naruto answered with a nonchalant shrug, making everyone slightly shiver at both his tone and the unspoken meaning behind the words.

"Sabaku no Gaara...Kira Rei...are both participants ready?" The referee asked.

"Hai"

"Hajime!"

The moment those words were spoken the cork on Gaara's gourd popped out falling to the floor, while sand slowly began to inch its way out. Meanwhile Rei had jumped back and was already hand sealing.

"I'll end this quickly...even though he will use that sand somehow, the speed of my Raiton jutsu should get past whatever defenses he has up his sleeve." Rei concluded.

"Raiton: Rairyuudan no Jutsu (Lighting Style: Lightning Dragon Projectile Technique)!" He shouted.

The moment he finished his jutsu, a large ball of crackling lightning formed in front of his hands. Once the lightning ball seemed ready to explode from the seems, it finally did and shot out straight at Gaara, with the head of the bolt looking like a voracious dragon. Rei smirked when he noticed that Gaara hadn't even moved from his position, and just watched at the dragon hit and exploded making smoke encompass the impact site.