My dad is better

"Hades? I hear that somewhere. He's like, the dead guy right?" That came out wrong.

"The dead- yeah I guess you could think of him like that."

"Oh. Do you have control over zombies or something?"

"Skeletons," he rolled his eyes again, "amongst other things."

"Awesome. I wish I were a summoner." though technically I could drag things from where they were, I couldn't make anything.

"If you can survive outside for so long, you probably have some ability that you didn't know about."

"Or maybe I'm just a child of an insignificant god."  I laughed as I said this because I know that was not true.

Nico gives me a dubious look, then glances at my karate belt, "Blue belt?"

"I almost got to black. I'm pretty good, you wouldn't want to fight me."

"Ha. If we're allowed to use abilities I'd say it's the other way around." Nico retorted.

I shrugged as if I was afraid of a few skeletons that I could probably just throw to New Orleans. Smiling, I began to walk back to the camp, before realizing that I had not the slightest clue where to go. I turned to Nico. 

"Any idea where to go?"

"Not really, I mainly shadow leap."

"Shadow what?"

"I can jump to places through shadow leaping. I can't do it too much though. Also, my distance is somewhat limited." Nico almost seemed like he was bragging. 

"Can't we do that?"

"I need a doctor's note."

"Whose your doctor?"

"Will."

I stared, then remembered that Will was the name of the boy lying still in the bed, "Dang. How long has it been since you last shadow travel?"

"A while."

"We can walk back if you kind of knows the way."

"Alright."

We walked for like, 15 minutes with a general direction and I was like: Is anyone going to talk?

Apparently not. We both sucked at human interaction. Me? Because my dad tells me to stay away from humans. Him? Does he do that without help?

So I was like, how to start a conversation with this guy? Because I hate silence almost as much as I hate vegetables. 

"So...how did you meet Will?"

"I went in camp half blood at some point and he was there."

"Oh. Then one day you realized you were gay and into him?"

"Not really, I kind of had a crush before that."

"Does anyone know?"

"Only the entire camp. Privacy sucks. So does Aphrodite and her stupid son." Is it me, or did the clouds darken?

"Oh." I have, absolutely no idea what means by that, so I'm just going to assume that anyone in the camp with an afro is someone to steer clear of, "Who?"

"Percy Jackson. He's basically a legend around here."

"Percy Jackson?!"

"You've heard of him?" 

"Y-yeah," as the name on the cover of a book my dad almost gave me, "I heard on the news or something?" Panic improvisation be like.

"On the news? Why would he be on the news?"