Sorry. Not planning on getting claimed

Campfire time. Which meant s'mores. Which meant people wondering why my godly Greek parent wasn't claiming me. It might be because he doesn't. 

But s'mores yeah, I'm there for the s'mores.

I'm pretty sure everyone else was too, because they beelined for the marshmallows. A couple weirdos didn't but that was their problem.

Obviously Nico was one of the weirdos. I spotted him standing in a corner with no one talking to him. He seemed comfortable being alone and I could respect that. I wanted to be left alone too, but everyone kept staring at me waiting for me to be claimed, which wasn't happening. 

But they kept waiting, so I kept overcooking my marshmallows.

Apparently, we were supposed to make offering to our godly parent, and I was like, you want me to bury my hamburger in a cemetery or something, but I ended up burning it and praying to Hades since he was still kind of in charge of the dead.

I was tempted to say something dumb to the god of the underworld but changed my mind last minute. I may be crazy, but I wasn't stupid.

I think. I hope. Whatever.

By the time everyone was settled, Chiron was looking my way along with many other kids. It was a bit unsettling, and I hid  behind some big HIpititis kids to avoid attention. 

Spoiler, it didn't work. I could feel some stares penetrate through me. I sorrowfully gave up on my marshmallows.

Combined with the scent of death that floated around the camp, I was ready to teleport right back to New Orleans. What I needed right now was a human detergent.  

I kind of always need a human detergent. I can't talk to strangers, I basically grew up only knowing my weird cloaked dad. Not good for social activity, or sanity. 

I glanced at Nico and realized he was giving me a sympathetic look. He didn't even know half of it. I bet no one bother him when he was in the camp, just looking at him made you think that he hated you. 

Maybe he hadn't always scowled like that, but for the time being, no one was going near him.

Except for me, because I needed a distraction and a human repellent.

Nico did not seem happy when I approached, I grinned at his irritated look when I neared, "Hello."

He scowled, "What do you want?"

I stared at him for a while before winking awkwardly, "Yoour attention...?" Why am I like this?

Nico made a noise between a cough and a laugh. Then he scowled which actually looked pretty natural on him, "What are you actually here for?"

"Nico," I said, "you realize that you have this thing about you that kind of repels humans right?"

Nico blinked, "Yeah. Should I be offended?"

"No. I kind of need that right now. "

Nico noticed the stares directed my way and scoffed, "Alright, I get it. They're probably just interested because you're old."

"You're older than me!"

"Yeah, but I came when I was twelve or something."

"Oh. Is it not normal for you to survive as long as I have?"

"Yeah. By the way, you seem really calm even after finding out that Greed gods exist."

Thats because I already knew that mysterious entities existed. But Nico didn't need to know that, "Well, what was your reaction?"