𝐈: 𝐀𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚

"How long have you been having these dreams?" Asante pressed the end of her ink pen against her chin

"It's almost every other night. I thought ending that relationship meant I would never see him again. He's put me through so much and I just don't know what to do or how to get rid of these dreams," Stella answered, grabbing a blue box of Kleenex which sat beside her.

Stella wandered off and felt a burst of emotions flowing through her veins. It was hard because she felt uncomfortable talking about her past. She kept things closeted to protect her peace. And somehow these things still had an effect on her.

"Dreams are a result of our subconscious mind. Are you having a hard time letting go fully?" Asante pressed her lips together, knowing what it's like to be in an abusive relationship.

Domestic violence was all too familiar to Asante. From her grandmother, her mother, her sister, and even her. It was a generational curse that was ingrained in the roots of the Knight family. Watching her mother go through a series of toxic connections inspired her to take up therapy thus inspiring the person she's become in the present day.

"I think it's a lot of trauma, I can't process this because it's one thing after another. I think I'm afraid that I got so lost in him that I don't know who I am anymore, it's terrifying" Stella hiccuped, taking her time to process her words.

Asante nodded as she scribbled notes on her pad, she was making connections from their last few sessions.

"Stella, we're always on the road to self-discovery and what's lost can be restored. Relationships teach you and it's unfortunate you had to run into someone like that. I can tell you what I see in you. I see someone that is able to withstand the tests of time. You are beautiful, Stella. You have resilience and I'm proud of you for taking these steps toward your healing. You are deserving of the love you seek," Asante looked directly at Stella, she saw nothing but power within her.

"It will take time for you to heal from this so be patient with yourself. This isn't a simple fix and that's why I always encourage you to reward yourself! You survived and that's worth celebrating." She continued, hoping that her words translated to everything Stella needed to hear at the moment. "As for the dreams, I would highly suggest praying before bed. This is something I swear by but on the nights you're having nightmares, you can email me! I am not just here to sit in this room with you. I am your therapist on every day, not just today"

"I really appreciate you, Dr.Knight," Stella smiled and took a deep breath.

"And I appreciate you! I know our time is up but was there anything else you wanted to talk about today?"

"That's everything! I'll see you next Friday," Stella rose from her seat, moving hastily, and threw her used Kleenex into the trash can.

"Do you need a hug?" Asante frowned, looking into her low eyes, she could feel the emptiness and coldness that came from them.