Chpt 1. Friends with a shorty

Travis pov:

It was a week after the bathroom thing.... would he really be my friend? No time to wonder, it's lunch time and it's Bologna day and i'm not even in the cafeteria! Might as well run since nobody is watching.

When i entered the Cafeteria I smashed into someone, "Oh god- that hurt..Are you oka-" I crashed into Sal- I think he's doubting wanting to be my friend now. "Oh hey Travis, I'm fine, are you?" He said getting up from the floor. "Y-yeah i'm fine you f-g." I said. "Travis, what did I say? We aren't all gay, plus if we are gonna be friends you can't keep calling me that."

I sighed, "Fine, I'm fine sally face. Happy?" 'Yup, now let's go get lunch. Larry is waiting for me. You should come with me!" wait, did he just invite me to sit with him? I shouldn't over think it, I want to eat already. "Sure, why not f- Sally face." We went to get our lunch, then we went to the table where Larry and the other f-gs were. 

"Sal, why the fuck is he here?!" Larry looks pissed "Welp, i knew that was gonna happen imma go no-" I feel a hand grab my shirt "Nope, you're staying with us Travis." said Sal. When the fuck did he get so menacing? It's kinda ho- Nope, that's a ticket to hell. Do not finish that thought.

Larry lifts a finger to protest but Sal just gives him a glare "He's staying with us. Ok Larry?" "Ok Sal, whatever you want." Larry looks defeated, he looks pathetic lol. Sal gave his sandwich to the fatty with green hair, what was his name again? Chag? Shig? Chug?? Whatever his name was, he got the sandwich. "So, why is Travis here? I don't think it was his choice." Larry flashes me a glare when he says that.

"Well, I think it was his choice but he tried to back out and failed, as we just saw. But, in the 12.0745% chance I am wrong, we should hear what Travis has to say about it." Said the ginger nerd, I think he is Todd, i'm not sure. "Yeah, the f-" Sal looks at me, daring me to say it. "The ginger is right" I took a bite out of my bologna sandwich....something tastes weird.... "By the way Travis, I wouldn't eat the bologna sanwi- Nevermind" said Sal. What the actual hell is in this. "What the hell. I'm going to the bathroom"

I got up and went to the bathroom, there's about 23 minutes left till lunch is over, I have time to go to the bathroom and come back. I went to the farthest stall, like always. Something is wrong with the bologna, or maybe something is wrong with me? I haven't eaten since Sunday, its Thursday i think. I sit down on top of the toilet and just drift off into sleep.

-Thump, Thump, Thump-

What time is it? I checked my watch... OH GOD, ONLY 3 MINUTES UNTIL CLASS!! I got off the toilet and slammed the door open, I think i hit something...or someone- I check to see who it was. Oh no- Its Sally face. "Oh god- um are you okay Sally face?" I look over his back and see his prosthetic on the floor, "Oh shoot, uh be right back." I went to get his prosthetic, I turned around and saw his face when he was getting up.  I stared for 5 seconds too much. He noticed. I look away while he hides his face, "H-heres your prosthetic... You look.... nevermind." Sal took the prosthetic and looked ashamed. "Y-You don't look bad! You look pretty, wait, no, you look cool, that's not right either, uhmm...." I started to panic, did i make him feel bad? Did I say too much?

"It's ok Travis, You can Look now. You look pretty too" He tilts his head, maybe to show he's smiling? "Sorry i didn't look away faster" I say, "It's alright, but now we are friends so it doesn't really matter!" Oh shoot, I forgot about class- "We have to go to class Sally Face!" I took his hand and ran out of the bathroom till we got to class, we got there in two minutes. 

-Time skip to after class- 

Class is finally done, it got so fricken boring that i ended up doodling on the corner of a page. I feel sick, maybe it was the Bologna? I got out of the classroom and was immediately tackled by Sally face, "OW-" I fell down and Sal was sitting on top of my back, "You are one weak mother fucker Travis." Sal said. "Not my fault i feel sick" I told him "Now get off of me, you are heavy" Larry picked Sal up and I got up....only to be pushed back down by Larry. "Ow, why did you do that?" I think i'm bleeding somewhere..? "1. Sal is fucking light, 2. Just because I can, is there a problem?" 

Sal jumped out of his arms, "uhm Larry?? I don't think he can move" My fricken stomach and rib cage hurts... Sal began to lift me up, "You are wayy too light Travis, have you been eating?" Sal said, he sounded worried? I began to move myself away from him "O-of course I have, w-why wouldn't I be eating?" I attempted to stand but almost fell "Hey Sal, do you think I broke something????" Larry asked, I don't think he broke something, "I don't know but maybe we should take him to my room? It's closer than his house i think" "N-No! I need to go home, don't make me go, please..." I started to tear up and then my vision became fuzzy. 

"Travis? Travis?? You ok? TRAVIS!" That was the last thing I heard before I passed out.

-time skip, 1 hour-

I slowly opened my eyes, where am I? This isn't my house... Someone came out of the other room, is that...Sal? "Oh, you're awake! How are you? You passed out at school when I mentioned going to my house." Sal asked. I rubbed my eyes so i could see clearly, "I'm fine Sally face." my stomach started to make a sound  "Are you hungry Travis? I think we have some Dino nuggets in the freezer" said Sal, "Uh, sure..." he's not yelling at me because i'm hungry? That's new...

He went to check the kitchen, wait. What was he wearing- Did he just finish taking a shower?? His hair did look wet. Oh he's back. "I put the Nuggets in the oven, what do you wanna do till then?" Sal asked, sitting down next to me. "I wonder, is your hair soft" I thought "I don't know, maybe you can check?" Sal said. Wait, did I say that out loud? "O-Ok" I reach over to touch his hair.

Soft and wet. I pet his hair more. I started to scratch his head as if he was a dog or cat, "Soft..." Sal just laughs when i say that. "You're acting like a kid Travis, It's cute lol" Sal says kindly. He called it cute...I'm not annoying....or weird.... I partially smile "Huh, your smile..." Sal said, i stop smiling and took my hand away from his hair. "I didn't mean to offend you, Your smile is cute. You should smile more!" he tilted his head again.

He put a hand on my face and another on my hair. He pet my hair like I did to him. -THUD- the door swung open "SAL I SAVED THE NUGGE-" Larry stopped halfway in his sentence when he saw what was happening. "i'm just gonna leave these here and uhh yeah" I got away from Sal and started to panic. I started to tear up, he saw....he saw me being vulnerable...

"S-Sally face?" I was fighting back the urge to cry. "Yeah Travis?" he responded. "A-are we friends?" I asked him "yes! Of course we are friends, why would we not be friends?" he asked. "No reason... let's just go eat the nuggets." "Sure, also call me Sal, we are friends now"

I laughed a bit, "Friends with a shorty" I said, "Friends with a Teen child" he said, we just laughed and ate the nuggets.