Chapter Three

Reece's POV

I knew many friends that went to college on an academic scholarship, athletic scholarship, or spent their whole life savings, to buy themselves in. As for me, my father happened to be the Dean of California State University, and he'd do anything to keep the family name going. I wasn't exactly the best kid to raise. I skipped all my classes, never came home, and partied every night. And as much as I didn't want to attend college at all, I must admit, it wasn't so bad.

Hot girls, parties, tons of freedom, and I happened to meet some of my best friends here.

I sat in 'The Burger Pit', our local burger joint, chugging down a chocolate milkshake. I shook the cup, letting the last drop slip into my mouth before I slammed the cup on the table, "Done" I said throwing my hands in the air.

I glanced at the shaggy blonde headed boy beside me, who was still chugging down the remains of his milkshake. I smirked, satisfied with my win. "dude, you're impossible to beat" He said in defeat after he finished the shake.

Logan and I, met at a frat party the first semester of last year. After I watched him, get rejected by a blonde bimbo, I took the opportunity to get him drunk for the first time. Countless amounts of beers, numerous shots, and a bowl of pretzels later we became best buds. Many would say, he's a pretty boy. But nothing compared to me obviously.

"The one and only Reece 'the slayer' Mathewson, remains undefeated with a record of fifteen wins and zero loses." My other best friend Camden announced, grabbing ahold of my wrist and pulling my arm in the air, as if I had just won a boxing match.

Camden Collins and I, were roommates last year. The amount of times I'd wish I knocked on the bathroom door, or walked in the room a few minutes later was unthinkable. But, when Camden's parents bailed on him for thanksgiving, I brought him home with me to celebrate with my family. Ever since, the three of us were inseparable.

I flex, "It's too easy"

Logan rolls his eyes stealing one of my fries, and stuffing it into his mouth.

"I wasn't even trying."

I chuckled rolling my eyes. "Bro come on, you thought you had a chance."

"I got you tomorrow Mathewson, and you're going down" Cam challenged with his head held high.

"Don't be so quick to talk Collins, I'm taking you down harder than I took Vanessa Mitchell's virginity last Saturday"

"Dude, you're kidding!" Logan asked gaping at me. "Do you know how many people have tried to get with her for years, and she wouldn't crack. You did not sleep with Vanessa Mitchell" he continued shocked.

I put my hands up in surrender. "Swear"

Cam shook his head. "No man, how?

"With my charm" I smirked. I took Logan's eye roll, and Cam's snort to continue. "Every girl loves the sweet talk and the promising to call them the next day. You ladies wouldn't understand"

Of course the sentimental one of the group, Logan had to comment on my 'player' actions. "You can't just promise to call them, and never actually call them"

I rolled my eyes, slipping a fry into my mouth. "Why not? They're fine, they seem to move on pretty quickly anyways"

That was a lie. They all got creepily attached. Don't get me wrong, I loved having girls all over me but nothing more than a quick hookup. I don't do that commitment shit.

"Speaking of which, word on the street you've got yourself a new roommate" Camden smiled in an irritatingly smug.

I chuckled at my best friend's stupidity. "First off, don't ever say 'word on the street' ever again, and second of all, who told you?"