4

"Why do we always have to do what you want but we can never do what I wanna do?" Charlotte asked Valerie as they drove to the store. But of course, Charlotte was the one driving and Valerie was the one that needed to go to the store.

"We do what you want to do," she argued, closing the mirror on the visor.

"No we don't," Charlotte mumbled, but dropped the subject after that. She was slowly starting to get more frustrated with her friend and her double standards.

Valerie didn't even ask her friend how her concert was. Charlotte was so excited to tell her about the mystery boy and the dancing and laughing, but Valerie never asked and Charlotte wasn't about to pour her heart out into a twenty minute conversation when it was obvious her friend didn't want to hear about it.

"I need almond milk!" Valerie squeaked, running off to the dairy section once they got inside the store, completely ditching Charlotte. Though Valerie didn't realize Charlotte wasn't following, that didn't make it any better.

With a sigh, Charlotte dawdled back to the dairy section where she was sure Valerie would be gone when she finally arrived. She slid her airpods out of her back pocket and placed them in her ear. At least she could fuel her post concert depression by playing 5 Seconds of Summer for the next week of her life.

As she scrolled through their discography on Spotify trying to pick what song she wanted to listen to, she ended up bumping into someone. She began profusely apologizing the same time as him, neither focusing on who they'd bumped into.

Dream was preoccupied on his phone, texting Sapnap back who insisted that he didn't forget his ice cream. Dream understood that he had memory problems because of his ADHD but he didn't need to be reminded of something eighteen times. Now that was a bit excessive even for him. There was no way Sapnap cared about ice cream that much.

As his eyes darted up from the phone, looking at the aisles, then back down at his screen, he locked eyes with the ice cream freezers, then back down to his texts again. Right as he was sure he could turn into the aisle, someone bumped into him.

He started apologizing like crazy, sure that he caused the accident since he was so invested in Sapnap's annoyance. Dream finally looked down at the person and their eyes locked. He furrowed his eyebrows the same time she wore a look of confusion on her face.

"I know you from somewhere," she said, "But I can't pinpoint it."

Then his eyes observed her face, trailing down to the shirt she was wearing. He was wearing the same shirt, and then it clicked, "You're the girl from the concert!" He blurted.

"No fucking way," she chuckled, "The guy who bought me my merch. I still owe you by the way."

"You could repay the favor by giving me your—"

"Charlotte why weren't you following?" Valerie approached, a carton of almond milk in her arms that she dropped onto Charlotte. She rolled her eyes, but accepted the cold drink anyways.

"I was I just—"

"It doesn't matter c'mon I have more shopping to do."

Charlotte tried to open her mouth to object about Valerie pulling her away, but the girl wasn't listening. Dream watched as the girl he spent all day thinking about walked away, and he still didn't have any way of contacting her. He was about to ask her as well. They locked eyes one more time as Charlotte looked back at the boy.

Dream sighed and went to the ice cream aisle to get Sapnap's gallon before he forgets and the man throws a fit. He wanted to follow after Charlotte, ask his question, but he was too anxious about the person she was with. Plus, he was fully aware it'd be creepy to follow the girl he just met around the store, no matter how much he wanted to get her socials. At least he had a name to her face now.

It wouldn't matter much if he couldn't find her again. And he was sure he never would.

Bring me back, bring me back to you.