Chapter 43

Author's Note: Hi, happy May! Just want to let you know that the previous chapter does not contain any r-18 scenes. No sexy time there, so sorry. I will put a warning ahead if a chapter contains one. I love you! I am very overwhelmed to see that this book has reached 69.3K reads :-( guys, I don't deserve you all.

In this chapter, I just want to let people know that it's okay to hurt and grieve for as long as you want. It doesn't make you weak. It only means you're human. 

Trigger Warning/s: Talk about Suicide, Trauma

CHAPTER 43

"Chacha," Jennie approached the pale girl, successfully pulling her bestfriend into her arms, and whispered into her ear, "Let's go. I won't be filming today."

Taehyung was anxious. He never expected Sooyoung to be Jennie's friend. He never once suspected that Jennie's 'Chacha' is actually Sooyoung. His ex-girlfriend from high school. He wasn't sure how to express himself because he didn't want to make a scene, but he knew he wanted a moment with Jennie.

He needed to talk to her. To explain himself. He didn't like this—the love of his life and ex girlfriend hugging—no, not at all. Not that he has anything to hide, but it seemed too odd and admittedly, he did not like this kind of surprise. His anxiety levels increased ten times more than average when Jennie refused to spare him a glance. What in the world is going on?

Taehyung was getting himself pretty worked up about it when Chahee returned Jennie's hug, still wearing the swirl of questions in her eyes.

However, as soon as he took a step forward, he saw the look of something he couldn't read on Jennie's face and knew that he had to wait until she's ready to talk to him. His eyes followed Jennie until he could no longer see her silhouette, then he slumped back down on his chair and let out a long, shuddering breath.

It was awful. Not being able to go to her. To talk to her. It isn't like he did wrong, no, he knew Jennie wouldn't jump into conclusions like that, and it was reassuring to know that he knew his girlfriend. But still. Waiting was fucking awful.

"Hey, man, you alright?" Joon-gi was quick to notice the dampened mood of his co-star as he drinks from his soda.

Taehyung brought both hands to rub his face and groaned on his palms, "I hate Mondays."

That night, right after dinner, Chahee and Jennie spent the rest of the hours talking in Jennie's trailer. Manager Lee let the girls catch up as she spent her afternoon outside by the picnic tables, typing away in her report and fixing Blackpink's schedule for every member. It was exhausting, but atleast she has a good view of greens of the mountain. Spring has come and love has bloomed, but why is the sky appear dark and gloom?

"Was that really Kim Taehyung?" Chahee managed to croak out, spinning around to face a conflicted Jennie. "It's him, isn't it?" She watched her bestfriend attempting a steadying breath but fail miserably as the emotions overwhelm her, her throat strung tight as she exhales.