Forward

Title taken from the song Used To The Darkness by Des Rocs. I think it fits the story pretty well.

This is a plot-heavy story, and romance will take a backseat. However, it will be present in some amount. This story will deal with plenty of dark themes that are potentially triggering to some, so please read at your own discretion. I don't want to spoil too much in the warnings, but they may change over time. I will put a content warning at the END of a chapter if it requires them, so people who don't want to be spoiled can avoid them. I will warn below with the general content warnings. If there is anything you think should be added, please let me know.

Just a quick note, there will be a mention of divorce throughout this story (between Doyoung and an original female character) and a child that they have together. Religion is also a theme in this story. This story will progress relatively quickly due to the time frame that it's supposed to span over, but I hope it doesn't feel too rushed.

I do not condone the actions done in this story. This is a work of fiction. This story will also contain offensive terms/slurs but I do not support the usage of these words outside of fiction.

I intend for this to be an introduction/prologue for a series of short stories set in this universe. Please follow me to be notified when I post a new story!

This story was inspired by several media but the main inspiration is the Yakuza video game franchise. In particular, Taeyong's character is inspired by Majima Goro, the best a character from the franchise.

Content Warnings (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS):

- Graphic depictions of violence.

- Homophobia (internalized, general).

- Topics of religion.

- Sadistic and inappropriate behavior.

- Alcoholism.

- Drug abuse.

- Torture (past and one scene of present).

- Childhood sexual abuse (not graphic).

- Sexual content.

This will be dark. Read at your own discretion.

You can find me on Twitter @/itstyongslee and on AO3 (Archive of Our Own)