(𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈𝐈.)𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐄 𝐑𝐔𝐋𝐄𝐑

━═━═━═━═━┤➴├━═━═━═━═━

THE GLOWING PURPLE LIGHT TOOK EVERYONE ABACK AS THEY RECOGNISED THOSE EYES VERY CLEARLY. F/n's body descended slowly, getting closer and closer to the ground. Her feet reached the wooden platform of the place her life was supposed to be taken away by her own uncle.

Murmurs erupt amongst the citizens of the Walls while the woman's friends just stayed silent, not knowing what to feel about this. Even if he wasn't expecting it, her father felt relieved.

The Emperor, on the other hand, gritted his teeth, fury swirled in his eyes as he glared at the woman. His hands were tightly clenched by his side as if trying to hold back from pouncing on her and attacking her.

"Lady L/n," a man's voice from the audience suddenly said and the man was revealed to be bowing in front of her, shown to be the first to recover from the shock.

"Lady L/n," the crowd followed, all positioned to stand in a 90-degree angle bow and heads lowered in respect.

They felt pleased that she was finally found and that they could possibly change the person to rule Aigragalla. It was either her or her uncle and if they could vote, no votes would've been under her uncle's name.

F/n stood still, eyes scanning the crowd of people as she thought about what she should do. She was shocked and was still trying to comprehend what had happened. Overall, she was panicking.

The woman took a quick glance at the cage her friends were in. They were all staring right back at her with wide eyes and dropped jaws, hands loosely wrapped around the metal bars as if they were animals trying to break loose but got caught.

The pair of e/c-coloured eyes glowed purple when they met his dull grey ones. The anticipated shiver never came and instead, a wave of emotions washed over her, causing her to feel more at ease.

She did not know what caused her to feel that way but she was glad that it did. She wondered if he felt the same way she did whenever they made eye contact.

But her peaceful thoughts were interrupted by the sudden force that pushed her roughly to the ground and gasps erupt amongst the audience. The guards moved forward but stopped when the sharp end of the dagger touched her delicate skin.

"You ruined everything!" her uncle shouted, saliva splattering from his mouth as she grimaced in disgust, "I won't let you get the throne!"

The man breathed in and out heavily as if he just finished a ten-kilometre run. He glanced at his brother and grinned sinisterly.

"You wanted this, didn't you, brother?" he asked loudly, making sure everyone had heard him, "If I can't kill her, I shall make her suffer and watch as blood drips down her skin until she can no longer handle it."

Raising his right hand, the dagger ever so slightly grazed her skin, causing her to wince at the stinging sensation. She stared into her uncle's eyes, observing the merciless dark orbs that held rage and aggravation.

Everything happened slowly from her point of view.

The silver moved closer and closer to her as the loud scream her uncle let out filled her ears before it was replaced by a painful ringing noise. Little by little, she could see the dagger being only a few centimetres away from her.

She let her eyes shut close, breathing heavily through her opened mouth as she waited for the impact.

But it never came, which caused her to peel her eyes open after a few seconds.

Her body was now facing the crowd instead of the man who was soon to be known as a former Emperor. She glanced to the side and spotted her uncle on the ground, looking up at the three people.

Eren, in his human form, panted heavily while deadly glaring holes at the man in front of him. On either side of him were Mikasa and Armin who stood on their feet, the girl's hand on her friend's forearm to prevent him from going too far.

Hange then appeared kneeling down beside her and pulling her into a tight hug. Still, in disbelief, she half-heartedly returned the hug.

Her gaze, however, was not focusing on the three adolescents nor the woman with her arms around her. It was on the man with the title 'Humanity's Strongest Soldier'.

He stood on the right side of the stage, not moving a single muscle. His hands were by his side, not folded nor clenched. It was just numbly there.

A few seconds into the hug, Hange noticed how the younger woman's arms were loose around her. She glanced at where she was staring and stood up, ignoring the tears in her eyes as she loosened her grip around her.

Levi took this chance to step forward while the woman stayed on the ground. With a few more steps, he stood in front of her, eyes never leaving her figure even for a second.

He then knelt down, pulling her close with his arms around her body as her chin rested on his shoulder. The action did not only appear to be surprising to her but to everyone else who was watching the scene unfold.

Never in their life would they commit a scene where their Captain would shed a tear. Never in their life would they commit a scene where their Captain looked so relieved and happy.

Never in their life would they commit a scene where their Captain would be so soft just for a woman he met in a tree.

It was all a miracle how she was still alive and how she even met them in the first place. But all of the credits needed to go to the short man with looks that could kill.

"F/n..." he muttered in her ear, "I... I'm so glad you're safe."

He failed. He had failed to confess and decided to go for a path that could lead him to be called a coward even by his soldiers. But he didn't care. Confession can be confessed at another time. This was the time for him to cherish her being there for him.

"I am glad you're safe too," she replied and the man let out a short chuckle.

"Thank you," he said before hugging her tighter than before.

The woman tilted her head and laid her head on his shoulder in another position as he said the next phrase of words. A smile grew on each of their lips as they took a moment to just enjoy each other's company.

Perhaps he would really be called a coward by his friends and his so-called students. But he didn't care. At that moment then was the time for him to drop his shield and express his feelings.

"Thank you for not leaving me."

┬┴┬┴┤┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈├┬┴┬┴