-Chapter One-

-Emilia-
Beep... Beep...Beep *tap*tap*tap*-Crash-
The sound of a half-full glass falls to the floor *shattering*. Ugh, I shutter as I shove my head deeper into my pillow. " Shit! "
I whisper to myself" I knew I had just made a huge mess that I for sure did not want to clean. I lifted my head out of the covers and off the pillow to look over at the now wet and glass-covered hardwood floors that ran across my room minus the area rug that hadn't been vacuumed in a long while. Sighing to myself I slowly sat up while sighing to myself. Awe Dammit Emilia. I said to myself in a half-whisper.
I don't know why I was whispering. I practically live on my minus the one week out of the month when dad is home. I rubbed my face a little and tried to get the sleep out of my eyes. Feeling as if I got it all out I carefully got up and out of bed and tried to avoid the minefield of glass that crossed my room. Hopping around the room in my dinosaur onesie I held on tight to my tail acting as if I was walking on lava or something.
I finally got to the door safe and without a knick or cut. I ran to the hall closet to grab the broom and marched back to my room to clean this morning's mess.

-Valerie-

I felt the hot scolding liquid run down my throat as I sipped my morning coffee I *softly sighed*
As I looked around and felt the heartache.
I hadn't been in this town for years let alone this house. It was a new feeling something I had been avoiding for years.
Being in this house... the house that they were in.. my loves.. *Sighing again and taking in a bigger breath.* I looked around the room and could see all the changes I had made and yet it still felt the same. I got up and decide it was time to finally get dressed and out of this robe. Heading upstairs I passed the one room that I didn't have the heart to go into let alone change. Even after 15 years and a ton of updates, it sat untouched and unchanged. I could never bring myself to touch this room.
I sniffled a little and continued on my walk down the short hallway making my way to my room. I decided now would be time for a nice hot shower to settle the nerves that the door during that short hallway walk. I walked into my brightly lit bathroom and started the shower I quickly got undressed and climbed in once the water was hot. I took my time feeling the hot water hit my skin I scrubbed and scrubbed trying to get rid of all the bad vibes that controlled my life. I finished up getting wrapped up all warm and tight inside my robe.
I looked at the clock on my nightstand reading the 0639 time it showed. I headed back to the bathroom and just stared at myself for a minute telling myself that today was a day that would change my life forever. I said this a lot to myself but today I actually feel it. I got my outfit ready and started to get dressed in the comfy pair of "mom jeans" and a plain white long sleeve. I did a bit of light makeup and blow-dried my hair. I wanted to be comfy for the errands I knew I had.

I went back into my room and started making my bed before going over to the window to open up the curtains to let in some light. I close my eyes and feel the morning sunshine, shine through the window. I bask in it and feel my body soak it in. I sighed again bringing me back to reality. I open my eyes to see a child .. no a teenager wearing nothing but a dinosaur costume, and jumping around the room that I could only assume was hers. I couldn't help but smile and the site. It was cute in a way. I stood there watching and trying to contain my giggles. I watched until she hopped out of the room. I shook my head and continued on with my day. Sighing happily for what felt like the first in a long time. I really needed that giggle.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Authors Note

Hey everyone! It's been a long time since I wrote and well after a lot of thought I have decided to start something new. I am not giving up on my other books but I started writing those at a time in my life when things were kind of in shambles. I need to take a break from those and start something new so I can get back to the stories you all comment with love. I hope you enjoy this next series and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.   I have started a new job that gives me a lot of time to write in my notebook and oh boy have I taken advantage of this. I have 4 chapters written and ready to go I plan to write as much as I can so that I can post daily.

Xox
Persephone (Steph)