-Chapter Two-

-Emilia-

After the glass was all cleaned I rewarded myself with warm bed cuddles with my pillow. I grabbed my phone and scrolled through the missed messages from last night by my two best friends Jodi and Erica. After responding to our group text I continued on and checked the other messages I had waiting. 1 from my dad. 2 from my Aunt and ugh 6 from my ex-boyfriend Tyler. I rolled my eyes as I swiped and deleted the message.   I swiped out of it the text message app and went on TIK TOK. After spending way too much time on that I decided  I needed to change into something a little less "cute" before online classes started.  I changed from my comfy dino outfit to a pair of black leggings and an Anti-Queens T-shirt. I put on some rainbow fuzzy socks to finish the outfit off  I quickly got my makeup and hair done before running downstairs and getting my laptop booted up and ready. I looked at the time and grabbed the last-minute stuff needed before logging in.

The class went by quickly gotta love those online classes. Thanks to covid I was able to be even more of a shut-in than I already was.  It was about 2:30 by the time class and my other stuff was done. I put all my stuff away and grabbed a banana. I had about a month left until graduation and being the secret keener I always had my work done quickly so I wouldn't have to worry about dad having to make issues.  Looking outside I thought now would be the perfect time to get some tunes in. I grabbed one of my guitars and headed outside to the patio and started to play and sing a little to myself.  I knew Erica would want to have a practice soon and I knew to always be ready. I put my feet up and just played while feeling the warm sun hit my face. *Ugh I should have grabbed my sunglasses*  I whispered to myself. I knew I was too lazy so I just continued on  I  moved my toes and loved the feeling of fuzziness.  I sighed with happiness.

-Valerie-

After a busy day of errands, I finally arrived home. I parked my SUV in the garage and made my way out through the door. Walking on the stone pathway towards the back door of my house. God, sometimes I wish I had an attached garage. With my hands full of bags I waddled my way up to my door.  I could hear a beautiful sound coming from the yard next.  I stopped for
a moment to see where it was coming from. Or who it was coming from.  I peeked through the fence boards and could see the Dino girl from this morning leaning up with a guitar in her hands she wasn't wearing the cute PJs anymore but instead all black minus a pair of fuzzy cute rainbow socks. I smiled and pulled away from the fence not wanting to be caught and thought of creepy or something. I continued to the house and put my things away.

I tried to get the teen off my mind but had a lot of issues doing it.  There was just something about this girl that made me feel something I hadn't felt in a long time. I might have to talk to a friend of mine I thought. 
Just as I was finishing up I could hear my phone going off. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and smiled at the name that was popping up.

Phone Call
V: Hey Heidi!
H: How's it going, babe?
V:  I think something has happened...
H: What do you mean you think something happened ?  Are you okay?
V: I don't know... I mean yes physically I'm good. I met someone .. when I mean I guess I technically didn't actually meet them yet. I... I saw someone.
H: okay so you met someone.. is he cute? Where did you meet him? Does he have a brother ?? Oh, wait you haven't met him yet. We're you stalk...
V: Heidi...
H: Yeah?
V: shut up for a second.
H: psssh
V: it's my next-door neighbour.
H: again I ask.. is he cute ??
V: she
H: SHE??... okay we are switching things up.. is she cute?... could I take her in a fight ?? 
* I could hear her chuckle on the phone *
V: it's not like that Heidi. I saw her this morning from my bedroom window.
H: you were spying on your neighbour from your bedroom window?
V: woman would you listen.  She lives next to me and her room happens to be across from my window in my room.
H: sweetie don't tell anyone else this... they might be concerned
V: no hide I wasn't peeking.. god she is a child!  I would never.. anyways. This morning I seen her doing this funny hop around her room wearing a dinosaur costume. It was the cutest thing I have seen in so long. And it made me laugh so much. I have been thinking about it all day.  Then I was coming home just now and I could hear music consign from the backyard and there she was again but this time she was playing guitar.. god I don't know what's happening but I was getting butterflies and goosebumps just from listening to it.
H: wait a minute a teenager is making you feel all hot and bothered. *She said in a concerned
tone*.
V: No no not like that. I feel like all I want to do is cuddle this girl... Heidi this isn't something normal for me you know this... I haven't felt this way since Melanie was alive.
H: Awe babe. I get it and I totally support you in everything and anything you do. Just be safe about it.   I think this is your gut telling you that maybe it's time to have a second chance. Maybe you should mention it to Helen. She is the expert on these things.
V: yeah maybe I will...

I changed the subject to something else asking about her day and scheduling a day to meet for lunch. The conversations with Heidi always helped me even if they didn't answer all my questions.
After an hour and a half, we finally said our goodbyes and sent a text to a therapist friend of mine asking to get pencilled in as soon as she had time to pick my brain on this. This was more proactive than I have ever been when it came to my mental health.

I tried to put the unknown girl in the back of my mind for now and continues the task of putting. l my groceries away trying to ignore the melody that was making its way through my windows q