Gala For Goodness

The plan was quite simple. I hid in the trunk of the limo with a suitcase carrying my dress, accessories, and makeup kit. Before locking myself in, I gave Piranha the trunk key so he would let me out. During the car ride, I got ready while playing a live news report headlined "BAD GUYS BREAK INTO OUR HEARTS" on my phone.

"What up?!" Tiffany Fluffit greeted. "We are just moments away from Professor Marmalade's Gala for Goodness, where the legendary Love Crater Meteorite will be on display for the first time ever! But what everyone is really buzzing about is the Bad Guys, whose heart-melting rescue video has made them an overnight viral sensation!"

"I can't believe I'm saying this," I said while putting on my eyeliner, "but I agree with you, Tiffany."

Deep down, a part of me kept saying that the Bad Guys were still untrustworthy, but I kept ignoring that little voice. I knew deep down, they had changed.

"Surprise!" Piranha shouted, opening the trunk door. "Ready to party, hermosa?"

"You better believe it," I replied, taking his fin so he could help me down. Once I was out, I took in my surroundings. "So, this is the Gala for Goodness."

"What do you think so far?" Piranha asked as we slow danced to gentle music.

"It's exactly what I dreamed it would be," I answered in awe. There were people dressed in the most beautiful clothes I had ever seen, donating money to Marmalade's charities. "I've always wanted to come here. To show everyone the beautiful dresses I've made and hope that they love them enough to want one for themselves. It's kind of been my dream to make and sell beautiful dresses."

"Well, you know what?" Piranha said, "You should go for it. Talk to those other people. Make that dream come true!"

"You don't mind if I leave you alone?" I asked.

"I'll survive five minutes," he insisted. "Now, go!"

"Thank you!" I said ecstatically, kissing his cheek before running off to some of the other guests. "Excuse me? My name is Gabi and I want to ask what you think of my homemade dress?"

"Gabriela Angelfish-Santiago?!" Tiffany Fluffit exclaimed. Oh, fish paste. "You actually came to the Gala?!"

"Of course I did," I answered, attempting to be friendly. "I want to show everyone a little number I made for-"

"To actually see the Professor's ward here, you must have finally recovered from your brain damage," Tiffany interrupted. My mind went blank from confusion.

"Tiffany, what are you talking about?" I asked.

"You probably have forgotten," Tiffany said. "Right after your accident in the Rat Pack's restaurant robbery, Professor Marmalade said you suffered a serious head injury and even lost your short-term memory."

I couldn't understand. My memory was working fine, the only head injury was the gash that left the scar. I remember every single day I spent with the Professor. Why would he say otherwise?

I decided to quickly clarify things to the world, but before I could tell Tiffany the truth...

During Piranha's whole performance, I was in complete admiration. Forgetting all about what Tiffany said, I ran up the stage to give him my praise.

"Piranha!" I exclaimed as I approached him. "You are astonishing!"