Chapter 15: Attic

We were finally upstairs again after managing to go over the hole that was created when Soejammy and I fell. We found the table we came across earlier with the old teddy bear on it.

Me: Ok we found the stuffed bear, now to find the attic.

Noire: seems it'll be a bit further ahead from here.

After what took about 10 minutes we were met with a short flight of wooden stairs and an old shabby door which lead to the attic. The door creaked as I opened revealing a dark room, turning on the switch nearby illuminated it.

Neptune scanned the room.

Neptune: There's nothing here.

Noire: Except that box over there.

Noire pointed out.

I went over to check the box as I opened it.

Me: It's empty.

Soejammy: maybe it was moved to a different room?

Noire: It has to be here, gosh were we somehow pranked? this is ridiculous.

Me: who knows. there is probably another attic in here, this place is huge

Noire: We've been to a lot of floors upstairs this has to be the only attic around here, and if the doll isn't here where else?

Neptune: It was probably put somewhere else Noire, It's not like it wandered off by itself right?

We were silent by that comment as Neptune got a bit nervous.

Neptune: um r-right?

Soejammy: Nope! nope not dealing with this.

Soejammy walked out of the room for a bit, after what he and I went through half an hour ago he was not fully ready to encounter another creepy entity.

Me: Great now we're supposed to look for some possessed doll that's wandered off.

Vert: I'm starting to question why follow this strange request in the first place?

Me: I had a hunch that it was best to obey to save us from more trouble later.

Vert: Hm fair point.

Shiro: Where do you guys think we'll find the doll?

Me: It'll most likely be around this area of the mansion.

Noire: So somewhere out of this room.

Me: Yeah.

Soejammy briskly enters the room as we glanced at his movement. we moved closer to him as he whispered.

Soejammy: I just heard footsteps at the other end of the hallway.

Noire: Really?

Shiro: Do you think it's something else or someone we know?

Soejammy: It was a bit light so I couldn't tell.

Me: we might need to check it out.

Noire: Sure.

We crept out of the room as I scanned the hall. The place was quiet. Only our faint breathing was heard as I moved around first with Noire and Shiro behind me. Neptune clutched the stuffed bear as she followed along. We were startled by rapid tapping sounds far behind us as something seemed to run. My heart beats a bit faster as I stood still not making any movement. Shiro looks through her shoulder.