chapter 17: Silent secrets

As we stood before the narrow pathway, my hand instinctively reached for the nearby switch. With a quick flick, the room was plunged into momentary darkness before the lights slowly came to life, casting their soft glow upon our way. Before us, a small table emerged from the shadows, and on its surface  I noticed a torn page from a hidden diary, its paper brittle and its ink faded. My curiosity got the better of me, and I picked it up..

 'Get the key to the library! look for a chest,  what lies inside will help against-.'

what followed after was hard to read  as it faded like a gradient. I showed the message to the others as they took time to  analyze it.

Soejammy: hm to the library huh.

Shiro: hm..

Shiro trailed her line of sight across  the room as few feet away from her there was another hallway across. divided by another door revealed the other side.

A huge cabinet with a glass door sat there, gleaming in the darkness as the rain muffled from outside harmonized with brief flashes of light from the window. 

Soejammy and I were too busy focusing on the objects that laid around the room to notice. Slowly moving  to the eerie object, Shiro squinted her blue eyes at the glass door. 

Soejammy picked another diary flipping  the page.

name-  Stewart..

**February 15, 1998**

The darkness seems to loom thicker tonight, casting long shadows through these grand hallways. I can't help but feel a growing unease in my own home. Perhaps it's my imagination, or maybe it's the old place showing its age, but something is undeniably amiss.

**February 20, 1998**

I've begun hearing faint whispers, like distant voices carried on the wind. They echo through the walls, just barely audible. It's as though the very foundations of this mansion are trying to communicate something to me. I find myself waking in the dead of night, straining to decipher their cryptic messages.

**February 25, 1998**

The portraits in the drawing room have begun to shift when I'm not looking. I could swear the eyes follow me, accusingly. My nerves are frayed, and I'm beginning to question my own sanity. There's something inherently sinister about this place, lurking just beyond the edge of my perception.

**March 5, 1998**

It's getting worse. I've seen shadows darting across the hallways, fleeting glimpses of figures that shouldn't be here. My staff has fled, unable to bear the unsettling atmosphere any longer. I've considered following suit, but I'm drawn to uncover the truth of this mansion's dark secrets.

**March 10, 1998**

I've taken to exploring the mansion at night, lantern in hand. The whispers have grown louder, more insistent, but they remain unintelligible. There's a chill in the air that has nothing to do with the weather. I've stumbled upon hidden chambers and cryptic symbols etched into the walls.

**March 18, 1998**

I've seen them now, the spirits of the past. They drift through the mansion, their faces twisted in anguish. They beckon to me, pleading for something I cannot comprehend. I've ventured into the depths of the mansion, to a place where the walls seem to throb with an otherworldly energy.