"Be a good boy"

Like Thomas told me, he already had it all planned. But he didn't know that I was going undercover, so it was kind of confusion to explain that to his older friend who was going disguised as my father to tell the school that Thomas wasn't going to be there for some time. Luckily right when he was about to go tell someone, I caught him just on time. It was kind of a strange meeting, if I do say so myself, given that I was dressed up as Thomas and his friend was dressed up as my own father, with Rob right next to me dressed up as my sort of guardian. But it eventually worked out that Rob was going in as my guardian since he looked older than my brother's friend and we had already planned out what was going to happen.
Let me just say this was the stupidest thing I had ever done. I was kind of embarrassed, too, because my brother's older friend was kind of cute and he saw me like this. But that didn't really matter, because here I was, with a wig and suit and tie, trying to be my brother. There was no going back now. I will never do anything like this again.

I was so stressed out. Soon I would have to say goodbye to Rob and be on my own. I don't even know anyone here! I'm out of my mind to think of something like this! I took a deep breath. It's only for a couple of weeks, I tell myself. Only for a couple of weeks. Rob and I start to leave the stone chapel in which all of the students, parents and school staff had a little meet-up. There's a new English teacher who's going to teach my English class, so I'm glad that I don't have to have a warning about him and that if he's an awful teacher, well I won't be the only person suffering through it. But he looks like a nice guy. Speaking of which, I saw a couple of kids my age who are probably going to be in my classes, too. They look like decent people, so hopefully I'll be fine.
"Okay, Rob. Face down so nobody will see us or question us, get outside, say goodbye, and let this adventure start-"
"Mr. Y/L/N." I hear the Headmaster, Gale Nolan say directly to me as I pass by. Dang it. I can't really ignore him, I don't want to be suspicious or anything, or let Mr. Nolan think that I'm going to be a dissapointment this year. I need to remember, I came here to prove a point. "Mr. Nolan!" I say in a high-pitched, nervous voice. I clear my voice and make it deeper. "Mr. Nolan. Hi. Good job out there. You know what you're doing." WHY AM I SO AWKWARD. OH YEAH. BECAUSE I'M DRESSED UP AS A BOY IN FRONT OF THE FREAKING HEADMASTER OF THIS FREAKING SCHOOL. Mr. Nolan kind of just ignores my awkwardness. "And who's this?" He says with an old man smile. Well, he is an old man. I wouldn't expect him to smile with- never mind. My stress and brain is getting in the way of all of this. "This, sir, is my guardian, Mr. Robert. My parents were really busy today so they couldn't make it." Rob and Mr. Nolan shake hands. "Nice to meet you." Mr. Nolan looks at me and says, "Too bad your parents couldn't make it. I would like to meet them soon. And I expect great things from you this year." I shake his hand. "Thank you." Rob and I exit the building. "Whew! That went amazingly!" I say to Rob. "Yeah, you did great out there, buddy!" Rob and I go over the basics of what I need to do to make it seem more believable that I'm a boy. Rob checks his watch. "Oh, shoot. I gotta go now, Y/N." I give him a fist bump. "What am I doing with my life?" I say while lightly laughing. "I don't know. But you're doing something, kid." Rob says and turns around to leave as I pick up my bags. "Wait, Y/N." I turn around. "Be a good boy." Rob says, smiling. I just nod and swallow out of nervousness. He gives me a cute little salute and I return it. Gosh, what have I gotten myself into?

I see a boy with no Welton suit on who looks just as clueless as me. I approach him and am about to use a sweet and high pitched voice to talk to him but as the wind makes my ears cold I remember that I'm pretending to be a boy and prepare my voice. "Hey, you're new here, right?" The boy looks surprised that I'm talking to him but then says, "Yeah. You are too, right?" I smile. "Yeah, so I guess we'll just have to stick together." I'm about to give him a fist bump but he goes in to shake my hand. People don't fist bump all of the time, you idiot! I tell myself. I laugh awkwardly and so does he. "Oh, sorry." He apologizes. "What, are you kidding me? That was totally my fault, man." "Oh, yeah, sorry." He apologizes again. I lightly laugh. Shoot. That was not a manly laugh. I clear my throat and say in a deeper voice. "Anyways, I'm Thomas Y/L/N." I say as I give him a proper handshake. "I'm Todd Anderson." Just then two guys walk out of a building. "Hey! I hear we're gonna be roommates." A tall brunette says to Todd. They shake hands. "I'm Neil Perry. "I'm Todd Anderson." They start to walk off. "Why'd you leave Balincrest?" "My brother went here." "Oh, so you're THAT Anderson." They say off in the distance. "And you must be Thomas Y/L/N." The other guy says to me. "Yeah. Who are you?" I ask. He's probably my roommate, but I just want to make sure. "I'm Charlie Dalton. We're gonna be roommates." He says as he shakes my hand.