sage 1.0

sage's pov

At the crack of fucking dawn, I heard the doorbell go off. I knew my Mum wasn't going to answer it... and Alex has moved out. Just fucking peachy keen. I groan, getting up. I didn't care for my appearance when no one was seeing me.

The bell goes off again, and I shout. "I'm coming! Jesus..." I grumble the last part as I pace to the door and open it. I expected Effy, but... "Dad?" I almost choke on my own breath. "What in the actual fuck?" I stare at him, and an unfamiliar brunette. She was actually really pretty. She had big blue eyes, and a nice pair of eyebrows.

"Sage..." My Dad gave me a sympathetic smile, which I refused to return. "It's good to see you. You've grown up so much. You look more mature when your hair is curly..." He tries to hold a conversation with me, but I just continue to scowl at him. "I want you to meet someone."

"Is this your girlfriend or something?" I finally say. They both look disgusted by my question.

"Ew, no! He's my Dad!" The girl spoke. An American accent..? What in the fuck? Wait... Dad? I look straight to my Dad, waiting for him to explain.

"Sage, this is your sister, Genevieve." He smiled as she raised her hand for me to shake it. I observed it, shaking it reluctantly. "Genevieve... this is your sister Sage."

"I've always wanted a sister!" She exclaimed excitedly. "We'll be good friends." She stated before letting herself in. My Dad avoided my stare as he followed in after her. "Wow... so small to what I'm used to!" She observed slowly.

"Well, you'll find this is actually reasonably big for Britain. You should know Daddy dearest comes from old money." I comment, rolling my eyes slightly before slamming the door. "Gen... Can I call you Gen?" I question. She nodded. "I'm going to speak to my Dad in the kitchen. We won't be a second." I smile politely at her before grabbing my Dad's wrist and dragging him into the kitchen. "What the fuck!" I shout.

"Calm down, Sage." He rolled his eyes at my behaviour. I had every right to be furious. "I'm here now, that's what matters."

"I don't even want you to explain to me how and why I have a sister because I already know that it is absolutely fucked up." I snap quietly at him. "Why have you come here?"

"Nevermind that... where's your brother?" He questions. I roll my eyes at his ignorance. "Is Alex here?"

"He moved out over the summer." I spoke in a monotone voice. "Yet again, why are you here?" I go back to scowling at him. "I can't be dealing with you, my 'sister', and Mum all at once."

"I felt as if it were time for you both to meet." My Dad simply shrugged. "Oh, c'mon... You're not the one taking care of your Mum. I've spoke to her plenty of times and she's mentioned a Doctor."

"Dr. Foster?" I frown. "Hmm..." I hum. "Well, if he's caring for her, I don't see the need to live here anymore." I yawn, leaving the room.

"What?" He yelps, following after me. "You have nowhere to go!" He gave me a confused stare.

"Yes, I do." I chuckle, "Alex..." I state the obvious. "I know where he lives. Mum gave me his address, I just haven't found time to go see him."

"Well, if you're going to visit Alex, take your sister with you." Dad points out Genevieve who was stood there with a suitcase, giving us a tight lipped smile.

"Oh, alright." I roll my eyes. "Come up to my room, Gen." I stomp up the stairs until I reached my bedroom.

"Oh, it's nicely decorated... Although, it isn't what I pictured for you." She smiled at the vibrancy of my room. "I expected a lot of cool and dark tones."

"It's been like this since I was 11." I rummage through the drawers, tossing clothes into a suitcase. "Believe me, if I had a choice, it would be a lot paler." The room was rather vibrant. Violet. Don't know what I was thinking.

"Oh, I see..." She smiles, sitting down onto my bed. "Will I be staying in here?" She questions with her big blue eyes, searching mine.

I roll my eyes, "Yes, unless you want to be staying in a teenage boys bedroom." I gave her an obvious stare. "I'm sure you'll enjoy it in here." I crouched down, zipping up my suitcase. "Just don't touch any of my shit, 'cause I will notice. I wasn't exactly born yesterday."

"Got it." She smiled. "Aren't you going to get changed before you leave?" She questions, referring to my pyjamas. She peered towards my shelves. "I see you like Monster High..." She smirked.

"Oh, give me a break. They're old." I roll my eyes. I walk to the end of my bed. "I lay out clothes the night before. It's something I've done since summer." I informed her. She only nodded in acknowledgment.

"Sorry, I'll excuse myself while you get changed." She widened her eyes when she sees me taking my t-shirt off. I shrug, not really phased if she saw me naked or not. I think almost all my friends have seen me naked... apart from Thomas.

I slip into my matching undergarments before slipping into a pair of dark jeans. I reach out for my top. It was a little 'I heart New York' t-shirt. I smirk, knowing fine and well I've never been. Sid, my cousin, sent it to me.

I slip into some black Doc Martens, tying them up quickly before tying my curls back. Thank God I bought a silk pillow sheet over the holidays. I pick up the suitcase I had packed, and strolling out of my room.

"Let's head." I gave her a fake smile before trudging down the stairs. "We're heading!" I shout, looking into the kitchen to find my Mum and Dad discussing stuff.

"Are you really going to stay with Alex?" She questions, wiping away what appeared to be tears.

"Yeah... maybe it's temporary, maybe it's not." I shrug. "I'll see you later, Mum." I smile at her politely before walking for the door.

-

fart nugget xxx