Chapter 12

"What the hell was all that about?" Pope questions as soon as I sit down.

"Just Tom trying to apologise and Rafe butt in having a go at him." I explain vaguely.

They boys look between each other confused. "Rafe up in your business again? He seems obsessed with you." John B scoffs and the guys nod in agreement.

"That is not the case JB, he just really enjoys making my life hell." I sigh in frustration.

Kie appears at the table without her apron on. "Hey guys I'm finished working now." She slides in next to John B, sat exactly opposite me.

"So Kie, did you want to have this out now outside?" I ask her just wanting to get this argument out of the way.

"We can stay here, what you've got to say to me you can say in-front of the guys." She smiles sarcastically.

"Fine. Can I just ask why you're actually mad at me? If I remember correctly I told you to not add fuse to the argument that was happening then I asked your side of things between you and Sarah and then you was the one that started saying you didn't want me around?" I don't even stutter because I know I'm not the one in the wrong.

Kie all of a sudden physically deflates. Tears brim her eyes. "I know I'm so sorry for being so horrible to you last night. It was all my fault. I didn't mean what I said, I just feel like sometimes you choose Sarah over me and it hurts." She admits tearfully.

I grab her hand in mine. "Kie I would never choose between the two of you, you're both my best friends. I just don't know what went down between you both and it's hard when neither of you will tell me but then I turn out to be the bad guy for not knowing. I'm not a mind reader Kie." I explain gently.

She nods. "I know V, I'm sorry. I will tell you what happened between us both when I'm ready but I'm not ready to go into it yet. I don't want what I think of Sarah to taint your friendship with her."

"I'm glad we've cleared this up. Next time we're here can I actually order something." I jokingly lighten the mood.

We both laugh and she nods and the guys seem a lot more comfortable now we're both friends again.

"What was Rafe talking to you about?" She randomly questions.

"Oh nothing, he was just having a go at Tom again about the other night." I explain once again.

She furrows her brows in confusion to my response. "But what was he saying to you after Tom came back in. I saw him grab you." She continues to pry.

I look back at Kie confused as to why she's being so nosey, the guys didn't even care this much. "He was just saying that I shouldn't have spoke to him after what he did and I told him to leave me alone." I don't go into anymore detail.

"So there's nothing going on between you and Rafe?" Kie asks once again.

I huff frustratedly that Rafe is still the topic of conversation. "No there's nothing going on between me and Rafe and there never will be anything going on between me and Rafe." I state the obvious so she doesn't ask anymore questions regarding him.

My eyes fall on Rafe who is still sat opposite us. His eyes are still on me. Sarah catches my eye.

"Hey V! Come here a second." Sarah calls. I slip out of our booth and cross the restaurant to their booth.

I slide in next to Sarah.

"Make it quick Sarah, I don't want to be seen with this ugly adopted termite longer than I have to." Topper scoffs.

"Your sister is not ugly." Kelce adds honestly.

I smile at him gratefully and he nods.

"Topper can you shut up being horrible to your sister for one second. She's my best friend. I can't live with my boyfriend and my best friend hating each other." Sarah scolds him and he goes quiet.

I can feel Rafes eyes on me the entire time I'm sat beside his sister. "What was that Tom saying to you." She goes on to ask.

I roll my eyes annoyed that I'm still having to talk about it. "He was just trying to apologise for trying to roofie me."

"He tried to Roofie you!" Kelce exclaims.

I nod surprised he didn't know already.

"Shame it didn't fucking work." Topper seethes through gritted teeth.

My heart sinks at his awful comment. I know he hates me but I didn't realise he hates me that much.

"What the fuck Topper? You're fucking dead to me!" I grab a cup of water belonging to someone at this table and throw it in his face before storming out of the restaurant.

Tears pricking the back of my eyes.

***

Rafe's POV:

"Topper, what the hell?" Kelce shakes his head at Topper shocked the words even came out of his mouth.

Topper looks at me thinking I'm going to agree with him. Why the fuck would he say that about his sister. Never mind his sister, why would he say that about Nessa. I shake my head at him. "Too fucking far man."

I get up from my seat with only one thing to do. Follow Nessa. The thought of her crying on her own pangs something in me.

As I'm leaving the table Sarah is going in on Topper. "I can't believe that came from your mouth. It's fucking disgusting Topper. I can't be with someone who would say that about his own sister..." I think she's in the middle of breaking up with him.

I can feel the pogues watching the entire show but I don't glance their way I don't care about them, I don't care about Sarah dumping Topper. I care about Nessa.