Chapter Two

You sit on the ground, a happy smile on your face as you eat from the plate of food Bilbo gave you.

After telling him a part of your story, you decided that you were hungry.

So, you asked Bilbo most politely if you could have some food.

And the hobbit happily complied with your request, even increasing the portion of food on your plate.

Bilbo honestly found himself at peace while listening to you tell him your story.

You are the combination of beauty, kindness, and politeness.

Bilbo has never felt the need to protect anyone in his life, but you came and changed that.

In those few hours, You managed to become so precious to him.

"May I ask you something?" you inquire after finishing eating.

"Yes, you may"

"Do you have a wife? Children? Or are you living here alone?" You ask.

"No, why do you ask" you shrug playfully.

"I wish not to burden you with my stay here," you say shyly.

"Burden me? I do not think you are cable of such a thing" this caused you to give him a sad smile.

"I think I burdened so many people in my life with just staying close to them" Bilbo raises an eyebrow.

"How?"

"I had many lovers and friends, some I was forced to leave and some my father killed"

Those words are enough to get any hobbit scared, but Bilbo felt sympathy instead.

"Well, I can assure you that this is not your fault" you place the plate away, before grabbing his hands.

Your hands are warm, soft, and small compared to his large ones.

Even though the two of you are a completely different species, Bilbo feels attracted to you.

"Thank you for being kind"

"You can stay here as long as you wish, for eternity if you want"

"Eternity? I would rather say a week or two" you tease him playfully.

"I don't mind as long as you like it, dear"

𑁍One week later𑁍

Your eyes brighten as Bilbo places your and his plate on the table, before lightening up the candles.

You always liked Bilbo's cooking, yes, in the past week, you have been helping him around the house.

But, Bilbo is the only one allowed to cook, as he doesn't want you to burn your hands or get cuts from the sharp knife.

"This food looks delicious, but something is missing" you point out.

"Of course, how could I forget about the drinks, I will bring-" you cut him off.

"Don't worry, I will get them for us"

Before he could say anything, you two hear loud knocks.

"You go see who it is, while I bring the drinks"

"But I'm not expecting anyone"

The loud knocking increased.

"You better hurry up before they break the door"

With that, you walk away from Bilbo.

𑁍𑁍𑁍

"I shall give you credit for knowing how to store things, dear bilbo" you exclaim happily as you walk back into the dining room.

Only to freeze in shock as many eyes turn towards you.

"She is so beautiful, Kili"

"I dare agree with you, Fili"

Your face heats up at the two handsome brothers' words, meanwhile, Bilbo frowns.

His peace and quietness with you are ruined by the intervention of the dwarfs.

"Who are your friends, Bilbo?"