Chapter Three

"So, what's your name, beautiful?" Kili flirts shamelessly.

Kili and Fili maintain their gaze on you, making you increasingly uneasy. Kili's flirting makes you feel even more uncomfortable.

So you respond with your name, blushing as you avoid their eyes.

"(Y/n)"

You admit to yourself that your shy attitude resurfaces whenever someone shows interest in you.

The only exception to this is Bilbo, who gives you a warm and welcoming smile.

However, Thorin cuts off Kili's attempt to introduce himself when he hears your name, and his expression turns suspicious.

"(Y/n)...daughter of who?" he demands, clearly questioning whether you are who you say you are.

Bilbo quickly steps in to respond for you.

"She is an orphan who does not know who her parents are."

His voice is low but firm, and his protective instincts seem to be in full swing.

Grateful for the hobbit's help, you offer him a small smile before turning back to face the dwarves once again.

"What Bilbo said is true," you reply in a tone that lacks any hint of hostility. "I hope that satisfies your curiosity."

But, Thorin doesn't believe you.

Certainly! Here's a possible rewritten version:

"Are you an elleth?" Fili asks with curiosity after noticing your slightly pointed ears.

Aware of the dwarves' prejudice towards elves, you decide not to reveal the truth about your half-maiar, half-human heritage.

"I'm a half hobbit and half-human," you respond nervously, hoping that they won't suspect anything else.

Everyone seems surprised by your statement, except Bilbo, who knows that you are lying to hide the fact that Sauron is your father.

Unable to tolerate the awkward silence, you decide to leave the table and retire for the night.

"I'll go rest now," you declare, hoping that they will not pry further.

"It was a pleasure speaking with you all."

When you walk away, Fili and Kili smile and look at each other.

"She is hiding something" the young brother whispers.

"We will just have to wait and find out"

🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹

You thought the dwarves were only planning to stay for a couple of hours, but you were mistaken.

Yet, that was until an old friend arrived.

Gandalf is standing in front of you right now. You've known the wizard for as long as you can remember, and you consider him a good friend.

"Go where? I'm not going anywhere," you declare, baffled when the old wizard suggests that you help the dwarves alongside Bilbo.

"You need to face your fears, my dear. You cannot continue hiding forever. Eventually, you will have to confront him,"

Gandalf explains gently, noticing your nervous demeanour. You bite your lip and play with your fingers while tears threaten to fall from your eyes.

"I don't want to be the daughter of the dark lord. I can't live in peace like this," you whisper, your voice barely audible.

Your father's obsession with getting you back to his side is making your life unbearable.

"You can change that. You don't have to abide by your father's actions," Gandalf counters.

You shake your head in disagreement, feeling the weight of your father's crimes on your shoulders.

"Sauron did that, not me," you argue.

Gandalf raises an eyebrow, and your heart races as the door opens and Thorin enters the room.

"You are Sauron's daughter?" he demands, his expression darkening.

Your fears are confirmed, and you wonder how the dwarves will respond to the revelation.