ㅡ『14』

┍━━━━━✿━━━━━┑
Chapter 14
Unfair
┕━━━━━✿━━━━━┙

     "YOU TURNED HER?!" Those were the words uttered into the deafening silence.

     No one answered.

     "Carlisle, Were you the one who turned her?" Sebastian asked once again, ignoring all of the worried glances that the family sent to the patriarch.

     "Sebastian maybe you shou—" Anastasia desperately beckoned

     "I'm not talking to you!" He bellowed, "Who turned Rosalie—?!"

"I did, bu—" The Blonde Doctor didn't get to finish as the ground beneath his feet can no longer be felt.

Before the conversation could continue, the sound of glass shattering fulfilled the silence inside the house. One of the window panes erupted into tiny pieces as Carlisle's body collided with the material before getting tossed outside.

Shouts of protests echoed inside the house as the other members of the family tried to stop the commotion. Only to be held back by Edward, Anastasia, and believe it or not, Esme herself.

     Emmett, Alice, and Jasper didn't look so confused in their than this moment.

They knew the extent of the Donovan's anger. He wouldn't kill Carlisle, but they knew that they shouldn't step in the business of the two, as much as it pained the family to watch the patriarch get tossed around like a rag doll.

"Listen, Sebasti—!" He pleaded

"No! Why would I? Did you listen to me?" Sebastian retorted, "We talked about this! This is the reason why I left! To avoid what you did!"

"I didn't have a choice!" The blonde doctor tried to argue, dodging a tree trunk flying his way.

"You will always have a choice!" Sebastian glowered, "You are cruel. This is unfair."

     Carlisle Cullen could only lower his head in shame. Deep in his heart, he knew the truth. If Sebastian wasn't involved with Rosalie at that time, he wouldn't have turned her, he didn't have a reason to. She was just another resident in Rochester.

     "If she died, it would destroy you." Carlisle once again, tried to justify his action. "I wanted what's best for you."

      "God! For a smart man, you can be quite stupid and delusional!" The raven-haired vampire snarked, "Don't you think I didn't realize that as a human her life would end? Didn't you think that when I left I tried so hard to accept that she could never be mine because of what I am? Did you think at all Carlisle?!"

     Before the Doctor could respond, a gentle hand was placed on the furious vampire's shoulder. Sebastian knew that they meant comfort, but he couldn't help but feel distaste at the family's action. "Don't touch me!"

     Edward sighed before backing away, placing himself slightly in front of his father figure. "I know you're angry, but violence doesn't solve anything."

     "If I rip your head off then your intervention would be no more. I would call that, solving something." The Donovan retorted. "You were also there. You didn't stop him. You disgust me."