C H A P T E R 2

When I came out of the house I also saw Banks come out of his house as well, I sighed 'I forgot he was my neighbor' I thought as I walked behind him, not in the mood to fight with him today especially it's early in the morning.

While I was walking my head bumped his back since I was looking at the pavement. "What the hell?" I grumbled. "Cars are passing by, can't you see?" he said, rolling his eyes. "What a hero" I muttered sarcastically before walking past him and purposely bumping his shoulder as the vehicles stopped passing by.

When we arrive at our destination we immediately entered the locker room to get ready for the game. We left the locker room after putting on our hockey gears and jerseys.

As we went to the ice rink I saw our opponents, they were only wearing red hoodies, not jerseys. I snapped my gaze away from them when Coach Reilly told us to do some warm-ups before the game starts.

****

"HAWKS, HAWKS, HAWKS" we continued chanting as we circled the ice. While we were doing some warm-ups the District Five was just watching us and not doing anything, two of my teammates approached and said something to them.

Suddenly one of them lunged forward at the two but his teammates stopped him, I shook my head at them and proceeded to do some warm-ups.

I accidentally bumped into Banks while I was skating. "What's your problem, you bumped into me like 3 times today," he said while he annoyedly glanced at me.

"Well even though I purposely didn't do it, I think you deserved it" I shrugged at him before skating away from him but he skated towards me and suddenly bumped his shoulder on mine hard which results in me falling on the ice.

"What the hell Banks?!" I cried out. "Well, I think you deserved that" he smiled smugly at me and skated away, I glared harshly at him and stood up before the referee approached us and said the game will start in 5 minutes.

****

"WIN!, WIN!, WIN!" we all enthusiastically chanted it and cheered loudly before we went to the ice. The District Five were chanting the same but a lack of energy and enthusiasm which was awkward and they gave up eventually and went to the ice as well.

As the ref drops the puck McGill got it and passed it to me while he checked Germaine, I got the puck and skated to their goal, the crowd cheered as I scored and went to my team.

"Nice shot Cromwell," one of my teammates said while patting me on the shoulder I thanked him before turning around and saw Banks pushing the helmet on the boy's head, the boy lunged at him but the referee stopped him.

I snorted at the boy's behavior and went to the bench. "Way to stuff it, Cromwell!" Coach Reilly exclaimed proudly, I sat next to Banks and saw he was glaring at me. "What, am I not allowed to sit here?" I said, raising my eyebrows at him.

"There are a lot of seats and you chose to sit next to me." he scoffed. "Trust me I don't wanna sit next to you either" I spat, and he scoffed again.

"Then why'd you still sit next to me, hm?"

"Well, it's because the chair is close to me?" I replied to him in a 'duh' tone, he just rolled his eyes at me.

"Can you stop rolling your eyes at me, it's getting annoying."

"I can do whatever I want." he spat, I sighed and just watched the game.