C H A P T E R 5

Today is the day we're officially joining the Ducks, and I expected their reactions will not be pleasant, well except for Connie. Especially Banks, and his friends were a jerk to them, and of course, they'll think I'm the same because we're on the same team. After I got ready, I went downstairs and saw Aunt Tess, waiting for me in the living room.

She stood up from the couch when she saw me get downstairs. "You all set?" I nodded before we went out of the house and got in the car. While she was driving, she turn the radio on the car, and 'Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now', our favorite song comes out. We looked at each other, grinning widely before singing.

Lookin' in your eyes
I see a paradise
This world that I've found is too good to be true
Standin' here beside you
Want so much to give you
This love in my heart that I'm feeling for you

Let 'em say we're crazy
I don't care about that
Put your hand in my hand
Baby, don't ever look back
Let the world around us
Just fall apart
Baby, we can make it
If we're heart to heart And we can build this dream together
Standing strong forever
Nothing's gonna stop us now
And if this world runs out of lovers
We'll still have each other
Nothing's gonna stop us
Nothing's gonna stop us now

Aunt Tess, kept her focus on the road as we both sang loudly. I flipped my hair and made a weird gesture with my hands while slightly moving my body, and she just snapped her fingers and slightly moved her head on the beat.

Oh, whoa I'm so glad I found you
I'm not gonna lose you
Whatever it takes
I will stay here with you
Take you to the good times
See you through the bad times
Whatever it takes
Is what I'm gonna do

Let 'em say we're crazy
What do they know?
Put your arms around me
Baby, don't ever let go
Let the world around us
Just fall apart
Baby, we can make it
If we're heart to heart

Too caught up on the song I didn't notice we already arrived. I got out of the car and grabbed my things from the backseat. "Good luck on your game!" she exclaimed while smiling at me, I smiled at her too. "Thanks, and good luck on your work too," I said before turning around and going inside.

As I make my way to the locker room, I saw Banks standing in front of the locker room at the door. "Why are you just standing there? Too scared of them?" I said, standing beside him. He rolled his eyes at me. "I'm not scared of them."

"Well, why are you still standing here? Go on open the door."

"Why don't you do it yourself? Looks like you're the one who's scared" he said, smiling smugly at me.

"Fine, I'll do it myself," I said, rolling my eyes before opening the door and going inside with him behind me. As we got inside they were all laughing and playing but they stopped and became silent when they saw us awkwardly standing in front of them, I waved and smiled at Connie, and she did the same while Banks looked down in shame before Coach Bombay went inside the locker room.

"Hey, wasn't sure if you two show up," he said, patting Banks on the back.

"Yeah, whatever. We just wanna play hockey" Banks replied.

"Good" Coach nodded before ushering us close to them. "Ducks you all know Adam Banks and Adelaide Cromwell."

"On behalf of the ducks, I'd like to say welcom-" Charlie said, approaching us but one of his friends stopped and interrupted him. He stood up and glared at us "cake-eaters."

"Ooh, the Jess-man, dissin' the new guy. The Jess-ster!" said the boy with red hair and glasses.

"Shut up, Averman!" the 'Jess-ster' said before approaching us. I snort as I thought of the nickname.

"It's just a joke" the red-haired boy with glasses mumbled.

The 'jess-ster' stood in front of us. "Puttin' on a Ducks jersey doesn't mean you two are a real Duck" he spat before pushing past between us and purposely bumping his shoulder on mine and Banks. Soon everyone follows him some bumping Banks on his shoulder, some avoiding us, and some glaring at us, Connie gave me a sympathetic smile before leaving. And Charlie was the last one to leave, I slightly smiled at him but his face was expressionless.

"They're a good group once you get to know them," Coach Bombay assured.

Banks slightly nodded his head "I bet."

"Well, suit up. I'll see you two on the ice" the coach said before leaving the locker room as well.

"Well, that was expected," I said after a long silence, Banks rolled his eyes at me before making his way to his locker, his jersey hanging on it.

99 Banks

"Well, I guess Coach Bombay changed your jersey number" I stated, he sighed in disappointment. "I'm aware," he said before looking at me in annoyance. "Can you mind your own business and leave me alone?"

"Sure, mister cake-eater" I snorted and went to find my locker. "You know you're a cake-eater too, right?" I ignored him as I saw my jersey hanging on my locker.

88 Cromwell

"I guess Coach Bombay changed mine too," I sighed before grabbing it.