unfair to you

Max's pov:

It's Monday, I've been here for a day and it wasn't bad at all. I just hope today will be the same, I thought before my head began to hurt more, making me lie back down under the covers.

Knock knock

"Who is it?" I ask coughing after, why the fuck am I sick, I hope this only last a bit so I can go back to a normal routine, I'm pretty sure it's because of the memories.

"It's Liem, it's also one in the afternoon" I hear him say before he opens the door looking at me.

"What are you doing here?" I tried to sit up but ended up coughing.

"Our parents had to leave for a bit for business, so my mom told me to come here for the day" he says sitting at the end of my bed.

"Oh" I said finnilly sitting up and leaning against the headboard.

"I also thought you'd be awake but you don't look so good" Liem says as he leans towards me putting his hand on my forehead.

"I'm just a bit sick, it's nothing really" I say before sneezing.

"It doesn't look like nothing Max," he said, backing away but all I could focus on was the way he said my name. For some reason I felt something turn in me but it could just be me being sick.

I closed my eyes for a second as my headache started getting really bad.

"Stupid max no one wants to be your friend" a friend of liems spat at me as I tryed to hold back my tears, I saw liem coming from behind his friend maybe he'll stop this I thought to myself "come on sam don't waist your time on a disappointment like him." Liem said instead

I opened my eyes as the memory ended, I looked only ten in it. So that's why Max hated Liem, understandable, he doesn't seem like that now. Maybe he's changed, I thought as I heard someone saying my name urgently. 

"Max! Max! Are you okay?" I heard Liem say as he grabbed my wrist.

I just nodded moving my wrist out of his grip, I could see the worry on his face but I was too tired to think I just layed down in my bed again falling asleep almost instantly.

Liems pov-

He fell asleep, I only know this because of how his chest moves up and down and his occasional moving, I don't know what to do. I don't want to leave him alone when he's sick but then again the butler could watch over him but would he really be able to tell if something isn't okay, would I be able to? I just sigh standing up from the edge of the bed to grab a cup of water for when he wakes along with medicine and tissues.

"Stay" I hear I voice behind me mumble like a child not wanting his parent to leave while he's sleeping.

"I'm just going to get you water and medicine" I say, smiling over at him. He's still half asleep and won't remember this encounter we're having.

"Okay, promise" he asked, opening his eyes a bit.

I smile down at him, his brown hairs scattered all over the place, his face a light red probably from the heat since he is under a thick comforter, I note to grab a smaller blanket out of his drawers.

"Promise" I say before leaving and closing the door gently. I grab the tissues, water and medicine quickly before walking back to the bedroom quietly opening the door then shutting it just as quietly. I sat the stuff on his bedside table before grabbing him a smaller blanket from his drawer.

I pull his comfort off of him, since he's asleep, and put the smaller one over him, even though it's two in the afternoon he needs to rest so he'll get better faster.

I sit down on the couch in his room turning my phone on, there's rarely time I'm on it but I have nothing else to do at the moment and I don't want anything bad to happen to max.

Notification from mom

I read the notification tapping it to reach the text.

Are you two having fun?~ from mom

I text back instantly telling her about how Max isn't feeling well.

Yeah, but Max is asleep since he started to feel worse than earlier.

"Liem?" I hear the voice coming from the bed say.

"Yeah?" I ask, turning my phone off.

"Just making sure you kept your promise" he said falling back asleep I laughed lightly, if I didn't know he was seventeen I would think by that sentence alone that he's still ten.

"Its not like before I promise I won't lie again" I said out loud remembering a memory.

"Liem! Will you come to my birthday party?" Max asked, holding a gold invitation in his hand "sure" I replied examining the letter that was now in my hands as the happy boy ran away, even though I told him I was coming, I didn't. I went to Sam's slumber party instead. After I came back home my mom told me how no one had shown up and I was grounded For a week.

"I really have been unfair to you" I said out loud before falling asleep on the couch.

A/n- since I haven't been able to update lately I updated twice today idk if I'll update again today there's a small chance I will so look out for that, I also didn't have time to re-read this chapter so I hope it's good

951 words