chapter 12

"No Kai, seriously I don't feel like going."

"Please Y/N. Please! It will be so much fun." She groaned. "It's gonna be a way to get your mind off stuff. Please?" She pouted and I sighed.

Kaia and some other of our friends had been invited to a party Calvin Klein was throwing to celebrate their latest photoshoot with Cara Delevingne, and me being a known friend of her had scored an invite along with other models, despite my recent disappearance from the public eye.

"Please babe. You're such good friends with Cara." She intertwined our hands and I bit my cheek.

"I haven't been seen at all in like a month, what will people think if I just show up out of the blue? This isn't a good idea." I tried reasoning with the younger girl.

"Do you think your publicist would have given you the green light if she thought it was a bad idea? I promise you'll have so much fun." She bit her lip.

"If I just say yes will you drop it?"

"You can be sure I will." She smiled and I laughed slightly.

"Okay. Just for you and Cara though." I ran my hands through my hair.

"I love you." She playfully hugged me and kissed my cheek. "How've you been holding up?"

"It's hard, the hardest thing I've ever done is being without her Kai." I leaned back on the couch and rubbed my eyes.

"You can't put this much power on her Y/N." She frowned. "You've been really miserable, I don't think that's healthy." She stroked my arm.

"I know that, but I can't help it. I shouldn't be like this specially when she's already moved on." I felt tears forming in my eyes, it felt like all I'd been doing lately was cry. "Our bond was just so intense and beautiful, how can I ever get over that? Get over the only person who's ever known me whole? I can't."

"You're not really helping yourself. There's so many people out there who love you so much, but it never seems enough to you." The younger girl seemed to be getting a bit heated. "You need to give other people a chance."

"I get what you mean but you need to understand Kaia. Of course I appreciate everyone who's there for me right now. But it's not about that, I just lost a huge part of my life." I felt like sobbing just saying that sentence. It still hadn't hit me that Kendall was actually with another person. It seemed so insane that the thought almost made me laugh.

"I'm sorry." She hugged me. "Really, I'm sorry. I'm making this about me when it's not. I love you and I want nothing else than for you to be happy again. Trust me, you'll heal this beautiful heart of yours." She poked my heart playfully and I chuckled tearily.

"I hope so." I whispered.

NO POV

"Come on!" Kendall yelled impatiently as she waited for the basketball player to come back from her guest bathroom.

It felt wrong to her to have someone who wasn't close to her in her home. She missed the familiarity of Y/N. From the way she knew where each towel was to the way she'd always leave a little heart drawn on the foggy mirror after a hot shower, she missed her. But she needed to keep the act up, she was in a six months contract after all.

"Alright, let's go." He jogged to his car outside the model's mansion and she huffed annoyedly. Devin opened the car door for her and she got in mindlessly. "Wait, is my phone here?" He looked around for a bit and found it in his pocket.

"Can you just go, dude?" Kendall crossed her arms and looked outside the window.

"I really want to know what I did to make you dislike me this much, like for real Kendall." He frowned at her.