Chapter 6: Threats and Reality

Unknown Pov

The time had stood still the moment my eyes met hers. She was beautiful. Vibrant cool blonde hair that curled, shaping her face becomingly. It was longer back then. Before short hair was cool and everyone shaved theirs to fit in. Not me though. My hair was pure, never been trimmed or even permed. It was natural.

Why'd she go and cut all her hair off to that messy bob. It wasn't the right look for her. I knew. We'd been friends for over a decade so I knew best.

I knew what I needed to do now. I had to show her what she needed to do. Only for her. Everything. We would be in love then. And this pathetic unrequited love will end.

With one letter.

Hadie's Pov

After the lunchroom event, the rest of the day just seemed unfulfilling somehow. Like everything just couldn't stir me up as it usually did. It was probably Alex-Withdrawal. Since I only had two morning classes and lunch with him, the rest of my day just didn't follow my I-wanna-see-Alex thoughts. The day was really selfish. It didn't care that other people wanted to deal with me, and he just couldn't have me to himself, as much as he wanted to.

I was headed toward my locker after lunch. I nodded to my acquaintances and friends from sophmore to higher. I was widely known in school, for my looks probably.

Once, I'd heard a few guys in the junior class talking about me. The embarrassing thing was that they were talking about what was under my cute clothes and how they'd like to see. Needless to say, I quickly escaped that area and speed walked to where I was needed.

I just made it to my locker and noticed something was different. No, not just different, there was something wrong. The smell of something dead filled my nostrils and I gagged, stumbling away from the locker. It was atrocious. The dizzying smell filled my nostrils.

I backed against the opposite line of lockers in an attempt to evade the stench but it followed. My stomach began filling with queasiness and my body heaved dryly twice before I grew reacquainted with my lunch.

I might have fainted because I stared up at the popcorn ceiling of the nurse's office.

" Oh, you're awake. I'm so glad." The relieved voice of Alex filtered through the haze confusing my thoughts. " Jade and them were here, but they left for seventh period."

" How long have I been out?"

" A couple hours or less. You were really out of it when they brought you in. How do you feel?" The nauseous feeling had disappeared through my nap, so I felt as up and ready as a stud in a herd of heffers in heat.

" Alright. What was that horrid smell?"

" Someone put a dead rat in your locker." His face was grim and the gravity of the situation blew me over.

" I'm so glad you're okay. You don't know what filled my head when I saw you lain low like that," he was so sincere, which just made him overly adorable to me. He blushed at his own words, but kept going." I see how lively you are and I couldn't imagine you being hurt while I was there and could have saved you."

" Alex, do you like me by any chance?" I waited anxiously for his next words.

" I- I think... no, I do like you. I have since I first met you." Those hazel eyes shined with the honest feelings he had for me. It wasn't the first time someone confessed to me, but it affected me more than the rest. Maybe it was because I liked him back that my heart sped like a race car and nearly jumped out of my chest at his admission. The other guys never measured up to my standards so I was always prepared to let them down easy, but... Alex just spoke to me on some deep level inside myself, something that I'd just discovered myself, so maybe that instant connection I felt was part of that.

But who Cares! The guy I liked just confessed to me! Cloud nine here I come!

" Are you sure? What do you like about me?" Couldn't have him going out with me for superficial details, now could we?

He paused, biting the inside of his lip, which he had been doing for so long that his lips were bleeding. Finally, he gathered his courage and looked at me straight, opening his mouth to speak.

" I like your honesty with yourself. You show everything without hiding.Of course, you're beautiful but that's not important." He nodded to himself.

" I like your silliness and your straightforward personality. But especially your friendliness that shows through your open smile. I love your smile. It's so inviting and without judgeing. It's so warm that it fills me up inside, even on my worst day I feel like a new person with one fleeting glance at it. Also-"

" Please stop." He looked fearful, like he thought I'd reject him. As if. My whole face was flushed an embarrassed, but appreciative red. " I like you too, so please don't say anymore. You're gonna kill me." I added in a nearly inaudible voice.

Silence descended as we both just watched each other, drinking in the feel of each other. This was interrupted by the shrill sound of the final bell sounding.

We both jumped, looked at each other and laughed. We got up and made our way to the door. We stopped just a foot away from it. I glanced up at him and asked,

" You want to hold hands?"

He nodded and held his hand out for me to take. As his warmth enclosed around mine, I wondered if all boys were so comforting and warm.

" Hadie, you wanna know something?" I nodded," You're the first girl i've ever liked." And my face matched the stop sign as we walked to Jade's car. We were going to my house... to introduce him to my mom. I knew it might be a little early, but I could never keep secrets from my mom. And this was something I knew she'd love to hear about.

We'll see how it goes? Wish me luck.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Tell me what you think? Comment Vote. Comments are more valuable though.

Thanx for reading:D