•Bewildered•

You couldn't shake the feeling of anxiousness off your shoulders as you wondered, 'Why did that flashback reveal itself so suddenly..'

———————————————————————-
Seeing as the Hashira meeting was now over, you decided to walk to the butterfly estate. Kochou-the Butterfly Pillar- was one of your closest friends, and the one who got to know you first when you arrived to headquarters as a child. You confided in her and she did the same despite her manipulative demeanor. Due to the fact that you couldn't shake your feeling of discomfort, you wanted to get some advice.

You finally get to the butterfly mansion, walking inside quietly and opening the door respectfully. "Kochou? Are you here?" You said as your voice echoed through the hallways. You figured she'd be there considering she was at the meeting, but she was no where in sight.

You sighed, continuing to look to no avail, walking out of the mansion soon after. As you walked out, you saw a bright pair of ombré orbs piercing through you, having yellow-red fluffy hair to match. You quickly turned, only to be met with none other than Rengoku Kyojuro.

"Ah! Rengoku-kun..you startled me." You gave a nervously soft smile, closing your eyes for a moment. "My apologies, (Y/N)! I figured you'd already noticed me when you walked out, haha!"

His voice boomed but that didn't bother you, you found it refreshing seeing as you grew up with Kyojuro. After your little traumatic incident as a child, Shinjuro took you in and raised you up until now. In the process, you got relatively close with Kyojuro, as well as his little brother, Senjuro.

"I was coming to check on you! You seemed a little off during the meeting, I wanted to make sure that you were alright!" He gave you a calming smile, like always.

"I'm quite alright, Rengoku-kun. I was just deep in thought concerning what we were discussing during our meeting. I apologize for making you worry." You brushed off his concern, half-lying to him. This made you feel guilty, but you despised it when those you cared about worried about you, taking away from their own work.

As your attention snapped back to Kyojuro, you noticed him squinting at you slightly. He was examining your body language, trying to find any sign of mendaciousness.

"If you don't mind me asking (Y/N), why is it that you came to the butterfly mansion today? I don't mean to sound as if I don't believe you, but during our meeting, Kochou specifically said that she had a mission immediately after. That being the reason she isn't here. You were paying attention, yes?"

He questioned you ever so tranquil, seeming that he was more concerned with your well-being rather than wanting to bombard you with interrogation. You furrowed your brows, knowing that you'd been caught and feeling even worse that you lied to him.

"If i'm being completely honest, I zoned out halfway through so I wasn't able to take note that Kochou-san mentioned that she was leaving. I came here to speak with her, for some advice that is." He sighed in a sort of relief, patting your shoulder and folding his arms soon after.

"That's alright! I'd be happy to help you if you'd allow me to, (Y/N)!" He gave a wide, bright smile. You couldn't help but giggle quietly by this cute gesture, though he did it towards everyone. Realizing what you just thought, you shook your head blushing a little, your gaze shifting back towards him.

"That's very thoughtful of you, Rengoku-kun. As much as i'd love to get advice from you, I do not wish to burden you with my silly troubles. You have other work to attend to, do you not?" You watched as his face softened for a moment, quickly turning into an 'Im thinking' look. He brought his attention back, looking at you matter of factly.