Chapter 2

The neighbors house was completely evacuated. Or, as it seemed to be when I first stepped inside.

Flesh blood drenched the walls when I first walked in. Shattered picture frames and tipped over chairs covered the living room.

I should have known better than to explore around a destroyed house, especially during hell break loose, but my curiosity was getting the better of me. Sides, they could have survival gear that I didn't.

I carefully trailed up the stair way, glancing occasionally behind me. I notices 4 doors when I first got to the top; the bathroom door being wide open and the others being closed.

I entered the bathroom, checking medicine cabins for bandages (just in case I were to get hurt). There wasn't much left, only a few bandages and toothpaste.

I next went to the room across from the bathroom, opening it slowly, seeing it was a little girls room.

Bright pink walls and barbie dolls. It was a little girls paradise. But for a 16 year old boy? No thank you. I quickly left with no more than a quick look around the room.

I went to the next, a teenagers room. Boy's, most likely. I saw star wars figurings and anime posters lining the plain white walls. I chuckled, the once occupant of this room was most likely a virgin, seeing there was many playboy magazines underneath the bed. Let's just saw if I took a black light to the room, the place would be glowing. How I know, the white spots on the poster of Maka from Soul Eater.

I saw nothing of interest that wasn't an important survival item, so I moves on to the last room. I hadn't seen any rotters yet so I opened it quickly, seeing a woman standing naked right in the middle of the room.

"Shit! Uh, fuck, sorry!" I lift my hand up to cover my eyes. I didn't get a glimpse of her face but as soon as I heard the growl, I knew she wasn't a breather.

She came at me quick, growling and grabbing at my clothing, ripping the shoulder of my pajama top (Yes I was still in my pj's. Who has time to change in the end of the world?) I groaned, trying to throw her off of me, getting slightly distracted at the fact a naked rotter was throwing herself at me.

I threw her back, the rotter landing on the bed. I pulled my bat from my bag and swung fast as she was getting up. With a hiss, she fell onto the floor with a loud thump. I sighed with relief and let myself relax.

I stepped over the body and looked into the dresser drawers. On one side I found men's clothing, the other I found females. But I repeat- if going through a females drawers- do not. I repeat. Do not, go through the bottom one. To explain more, lets just say men have their toys and so do women.

I backed away from the dresser looking into the drawers by the bed. I didn't know much about these people, or when they were even alive, but looking into one drawer I could see the husband was a police officer.

There at the bottom of lose papers laid a silver badge and a small hand gun that held 16 rounds. I pulled it out and cocked it, test aiming and was impressed with what I saw. I put it in my pocket, turning to leave.

I stepped over the body of the naked rotter, about to leave the room when I was brought down by my ankle. I gasped, the rotter being on top of me now. I cried out as it held my arm above my head, slowly leaning down close to my face, greenish goo drooping down onto my chin.

My hand races for the gun sticking out of my pocket, my hand touching the handle and quickly bringing it up. She growled as I pulled it above, putting it to the side of her head and pulling the trigger twice, blood and brains spraying me in the process.

I breathed heavily as her dead body laid on me, my heart pumping fast from panic and my sight blinded by blood. I used all my energy to shove her off, the body rolling off next to me. I was laying there for a few minutes, I would have forever if it wasn't for the down stairs door being broken open.

The sound of five rotters growls, groans, and moans ran up the stair case and stuck up my panic again. I jumped up, going back into the bedroom, pulling up the window and jumping out onto the roof of the garage just as the first rotter made it to the top. He saw me first just as the second one came up behind him. They shoved and pushed as they were in a hurry to get to me.

But it was to late, I managed to get over the back fence and into rail road territory. Safe, but for now. I followed it down the rest of the day, until the sun started to set. I needed to find shelter soon, but where was the question.