[untitled]

jimin shakes his hands out beside him nervously. the woman directing him through the building smiles gently, and jimin smiles nervously back.

"you may sit here, park jimin-ssi, while you wait. min yoongi-ssi has been seeing many people today, but he will be ready for you shortly." she gestures to a sleek black leather chair and jimin snatches the chance. he is very nervous.

jimin nods and bows. "thank you, ma'am."

she smiles primly and turns around to walk back toward her desk.

jimin breathes shakily. i'm really doing this. wow. my first job interview. how did i even land this opportunity?

he texts taehyung: i'm here. i made it!!! haven't had a breakdown yet either.

taehyung takes his sweet time responding, jimin knows, so he turns his phone off. not like he has anything interesting on his phone to distract him, anyway.

he glances at a clock on the wall across from the chair he's sitting in and watches the second hand tick by. a minute passes. two. then three, and seven, and jimin doesn't realize all his nervous habits are swimming to the surface. knee bouncing, fingers drumming against the armrest of the chair to the beat of a song stuck in his head, one foot kicking back and forth beneath him.

the hands on the clock hit 10:16. the large, dark door on the wall to his left opens and a man steps out. jimin's eyes widen. is he another person who's had an interview? one of the many people min yoongi-ssi has supposedly been seeing today?

another one of jimin's nervous habits: striking up conversation with strangers he knows he probably shouldn't strike up conversations with.

he smiles nervously. "did you also have an interview with min yoongi-ssi?"

the man pauses. his hands twitch in his pockets. he tilts his head a little to the side, stares at jimin for a moment (jimin is becoming increasingly nervous). he smiles, then, and says, "i am min yoongi."

jimin is absolutely mortified. his face flushes beet red in an instant, and he stands, eyes on his hands that are clamped together in front of him. "i-i'm sorry, sir, i just--i'm a bit-"

"mmh, nervous? that's alright." he smiles again. jimin thinks his smile is charming. "you must be park jimin, right?"

jimin nods slowly. "o-oh, yeah, right! i'm here for... an interview?"

min yoongi hums. "that you are. if you'll follow me, we can get right to that." he smiles again, gently, and jimin doesn't know how he could ever possibly refuse that.

he nods along dumbly, and follows after min yoongi, who opens his office door a bit wider to let jimin in. jimin bows discreetly in thanks because, quite frankly, he is much too shy and nervous after what he just did. luckily, min yoongi seemed to brush right over it like it was nothing but a breeze. maybe he's accustomed to nervous interviewees? who knows.

jimin waits until min yoongi is seated in the chair behind his large (very large, though maybe jimin is just small) desk before he sits down, himself.

"i trust my staff helped you find your way well enough?"

jimin remembers the kind woman who was waiting for him when he walked into the building, and who took him to the elevator and showed him all the way to min yoongi's office. he nods eagerly. "yes, of course, they were very kind!"

min yoongi smiles.

he keeps his hands and eyes to himself as min yoongi works through something on his computer. probably the paperwork jimin attached in an e-mail. just as a back up, in case he would forget to bring the physical copies with him to the interview (which, fyi, he did not forget).

min yoongi rests his hand against his chin as his eyes flick about the screen. jimin is teetering on the edge of insanity. he digs his nails into his leg--another nervous habit. he's never been very good with interviews. especially when it comes to intimidatingly hot people (hot? what the fuck jimin.) who could end up being his boss.

and considering jimin is applying to be a personal secretary for said hot-person-who-could-end-up-being-his-boss, he is twice as (1) mortified because of what he pulled earlier, and (2) terrified because he doesn't handle intimidation from sexy people very well.

min yoongi hums quietly. "you've been in positions like these before?"

jimin's eyebrows shoot to his hairline. "i'm sorry?"

min yoongi glances at him. "secretary, personal assistant, et cetera, positions like that. like the one you're applying for?"

jimin's face flushes with warmth. "o-oh! yes, i have." he feels very flustered. "the people i worked under told me i was pretty great at my job," he babbles nervously (alas, yet another nervous habit). "i don't really know for sure how good i am at it, but if the people i work for say i'm good at the job they assign me, then i suppose i can't be terrible." he laughs nervously. then stops. he gulps. "sorry, sometimes i talk a lot when i'm nervous."

"that's alright, jimin-ssi." min yoongi replies smoothly. "it's good to know you're good at the position you're applying for. very reassuring."

jimin looks away. he's extremely embarrassed. he wants to stick his head in a bucket and never take it off. taehyung would be laughing at him right now.

"seeing as you have plenty of work experience, right away, that would be reason enough to hire you," min yoongi continues. "your skills are great, too. it's good that you can speak multiple languages. that comes in handy when you have to make phone calls and speak to many people across the world." his eyes skim over the screen a bit more. "and i could fill in where you couldn't exactly make coherent communication."

jimin is feeling very hopeful, now. it seems he's likely to be hired, if no one better than him has been interviewed yet. all his work really paid off well.

"i hope your social skills are better outside of interviews?" min yoongi looks at him, head tilted.

jimin clears his throat. "yes, actually, i am good with... social situations. outside of interviews."

--
(a/n: give me a title for this one!)