still into you

throughout his childhood, jimin and his older brother, jihyun, had always been quite close. sure, they were about five years apart, but jihyun never left him behind or made him feel like any less. well, except for when he made jimin address him as his elder. (he always received a chocolatey reward for it when he was being stubborn, though).

it was no surprise to jimin when jihyun started making other friends in school. jimin wouldn't be there with him! of course, he had to have someone. and when jihyun brought his friends over, he always made sure to include jimin in their fun little games.

when jihyun started bringing min yoongi around, jimin started to feel differently.

min yoongi wasn't much like the other kids. he was nicer than most of jihyun's friends, if anything. he didn't make fun of him for being five years younger than them, and never made jimin feel like jihyun's annoying kid brother! jimin liked him a lot.

maybe more than he could fathom at the young age of five years old?

jimin liked min yoongi so much that he pleaded for his big brother to invite him to jimin's sixth birthday party. and he actually showed up! and he gave jimin a cool girl group cd for his birthday present, and he ruffled jimin's hair, and told him happy birthday!

jimin strongly believed that was the best birthday party ever. and yoongi always went to his birthday parties after that. only, jimin wasn't allowed to go to yoongi's birthday parties, which made him sad, but he knew it was probably because there would be too many big kids there. (jihyun always brought him home some cake so he wouldn't feel so left out, at least).

when jimin entered elementary school, yoongi and jihyun were already almost in middle school. they kept jimin safe from bullies on the playground because they were the big kids, the fifth graders, and nobody in jimin's grade would dare to mess with the fifth graders.

when jimin entered middle school, yoongi and jihyun were already in high school! but that didn't stop them from showing jimin the ropes in middle school. if anything, he had it easy throughout middle school. everything was smooth sailing for him; good grades, wonderful teachers who grew to love jimin, outside of the fact he was jihyun's (the angel himself) younger brother. especially after he met kim taehyung, who he grew very close to, middle school was great!

everything started being not so great when jimin realized he wouldn't be able to even attend high school with his older brother and his best friend.

of course, he went to their graduation. he watched jihyun and yoongi walk across the stage and receive their diplomas with proud faces and their proud parents cheering them on in the crowd, and he was happy for them! but he couldn't help but to sulk. he couldn't figure out why, but he was super bummed he couldn't be in school with yoongi.

jihyun and yoongi, at least, both promised to show him around in high school, just as they had in jimin's first year of middle school.

they made good on that promise, too, because luckily, university didn't start until after jimin's first day of high school. he was buzzing with excitement at the thought of seeing yoongi again the morning of his first day. he got to see jihyun all the time so, naturally, he was more excited to see yoongi. yoongi was like a... he was like another big brother to jimin! or that's what he told himself.

jimin watches himself closely in the mirror as he tries to get his hair absolutely perfect. he knows it will probably get messed up via wind, or p.e. class, but in high school, first impressions are everything. at least that's what he read in the freshman handbook: guide to acing high school. not to mention, he'd see yoongi today! it'd been a little while since he had.

"jimin-ah?" jihyun's voice sounds through the door as he knocks. jimin jolts and bangs the top of his head against his desk with a hiss. he stands up as he rubs his sore head to waddle over to the door and open it with a pout.

jihyun snorts at the sight of him. "what is this, catholic school? chill on the neatness of your uniform, dude." he reaches over to untuck jimin's neatly tucked-in shirt, and jimin gasps. the gall!

"hyung, how could you! you rebel." he huffs as he pulls away from jihyun. whatever, he thinks, it did look kinda stupid anyway. "i had it all perfect."

"yeah, well, you looked like a total geek. this is your first day of high school, not boot camp."

jimin glares at his brother through the mirror.

jihyun pulls one more offense as he reaches over and ruffles jimin's absolutely pristine hair. jimin shrieks. "hey! i worked hard on that!"

"yeah, yeah, whatever. are you almost ready now? yoongi'll be here soon."

jimin crosses his arms over his chest as he shuffles to his closet. "well, i was, but someone had to mess everything up! butthole."

"i hope you're not planning to call people buttholes in high school." jihyun grimaces. "don't throw dirt on my name like that, little bro."

jimin rolls his eyes. "don't call me little bro, and maybe i won't spit on your precious reputation." he grabs his shoes and heads back out into his room and makes a beeline for his dresser. he snatches some black socks out of the top drawer then plops his butt on the floor.

"you know," jihyun starts as he squats on the ground to start untying one of jimin's shoes as jimin slips his socks on, "i'm gonna miss you, little bro." jimin groans, but jihyun doesn't let him get a word in. "don't hesitate to call me if you need anything, okay? or, you know, if you just miss me and wanna talk." he snickers as jimin bonks him with his shoe. "you could always call yoongi, too, i'm sure. if i'm too busy to answer, or if i'm sleeping, or if i just don't answer in general. but i can always make time for you."

jimin clicks his tongue as he slides his untied shoe on and jihyun takes the other. "you sap. you're never like this. what's with the sudden change?"

jihyun rolls his eyes. "well, maybe, i just care about you. maybe i'll miss you a little."

jimin gives him the look.

"fine! whatever. i love you, okay? don't you forget it, because i don't want to have to repeat myself."

jimin snickers and snatches his other shoe from jihyun. "love you too, big bro."

jimin is maybe a little too enthusiastic to see yoongi. he tries to hide it, because maybe it's embarrassing, but he can't really help the big cheesy grin he wears when yoongi finally parks outside their house.

he knocks on the door, and jimin (trying ever so hard to keep his excitement at bay) doesn't answer it. he lets jihyun do that part.