Keep Your Head

Resident Evil:Village |Wonderland Au|
Female Reader x Alcina Dimitrescu

Y/n:

Working for a faction leader has its perks, but working for royalty is on another level. It just so happens that I work for both.

I've been employed under her Majesty the queen for five consecutive years now.

The Queen of hearts is Her Majesty Alcina Dimitrescu, the first faction leader. Working for the Red Queen I'd argue has been much like a dream; though amidst my years of loyalty I've witnessed many coworkers make fatal mistakes.

For example, princess Daniela doesn't allow anyone to touch her sacred book collection of romance, plants, and cats. One of the more recent hires, Madeline, not only touched Crier's War but folded a page corner. It wasn't long before princess Daniela's whirlwind of cards flew around the foolish girl making cuts on every inch of exposed skin the poor rookie had.

While admittedly amusing to watch, I couldn't let Madeline die; not in the middle of the hallway anyway. -it'd be such a mess to clean up afterwards and yours truly wasn't up for the task-.
After promising to buy a new copy from the Duke, her highness yielded and swarmed off to the library, one of her cards making a final cut against Madeline's cheek.

Today didn't seem any different, minus the fact that her Majesty happened to be in a particularly sour mood. There was a faction meeting this morning and that tinker-toyed caterpillar Heisenberg managed to crawl under My lady's skin yet again. Which brings me to now. . Pouring wine for a ranting monarch.

"That riff raff wouldn't know proper manners if they slapped him in the face!" She growled, scowling at her reflection as she recalled the day's earlier events.

Placing the wine glass beside her, I took a step back and nodded, agreeing wordlessly. Speaking now would be futile.

"And of course Miranda defended him. We both hold titles of royalty and yet she continuously sides with that damned insect!" My Queen cursed, a deep growl resonating within her chest.

I rolled my y/e/c eyes and quirked my brow. "My Queen if I may be so bold as to speak-" She cut me off with a scoff before sipping her wine. "Careful, your inner child is showing." I quip before moving to grab her pipe.

Glowing golden eyes followed my every move. "You'll lose your head with that temper of yours. Do learn to let things go." I lightly scolded, lighting her cigarette for her. Her ruby red lips formed a taut smile in mockery, before she looked out her window.

Honestly, she can be such a child sometimes..

"Tell me pet, where do you get off speaking as if we're equals?" She asked, more to herself it seemed. Nevertheless I took the liberty to answer. "Truthfully? While we may not be of the same status, you and I aren't all that different." As gold locked with y/e/c, the curiosity swirling within her golden pools didn't go unnoticed by me.

Her Majesty has never been one to openly express her feelings, and it took quite the effort on my part for her to be comfortable enough to be this lax with me.

"Princesses Bela, Cassandra, and Daniela. They've become important to me in ways I couldn't begin to describe in words." Turning to the window, I gazed out at the setting sun.

"I'd give my life and take countless just to ensure their safety and happiness." Continuing a small smirk tugged at the corner of my lips, as I sent the Queen a playful wink. "Just as you would, your Majesty."

My queen rolled her eyes, shaking her head at how lousy my mannerisms with her had become.

"It's moments like these, it's a wonder you've managed to keep your head." She teased before a soft smile graced her beautifully pale face. Returning the smile in kind, I carefully reached out and gently caressed her left cheek.

"Don't wonder too hard."

Silence fell upon the room like a warm cosy blanket. The Queen and I watched as the stars twinkled in the night sky. While the air held its usual enchantment my mind pondered on how anyone could view my Queen and princesses in such cruel light. Afterall it's moments like these I remember why I make an effort in my work. The bond I've forged with the Dimitrescu family isn't one I had even with my own kin, nor my numerous colleagues. It was genuine, from the arguments, the boundless conversations, play dates, music and baking lessons, to the late night walks in the garden and the stories told in pillow forts made by the princesses, and occasional family picnics I was invited to. Truth be told, I wouldn't give them up for the world.

All I need to do is keep my head.

A/n: This is one of the shortest one-shots I've ever written. All characters belong to Capcom aside from Y/n.

Character Key:

Alcina: Queen of hearts

Bela, Cassandra, Daniela: instead of being made of flies, they're made of cards.

Karl: Caterpillar

Donna: Mad Hatter

Angie: Tea cup mouse

Salvatore: white rabbit

Miranda: White queen

Duke: Cheshire Cat

-Altair (Eclipse N)