The Roommates: Our Bond

Dreycott's pen College Au
{A two part birthday request.}
Warnings: | Intersex| flashbacks | mention of sex | talk of marriage | mention of family dynamics | mention of pregnancy |

Growing up I was taught that love played the most insignificant role, if any, in one's life. At least, if you were born into the Polaris clan.

After years of staying in Aunt Carina's good graces, I'd been announced as her heiress the morning of my eighteenth birthday. The blatant favoritism she showed me didn't go unnoticed over the years, however that only meant higher expectations.

Being from a notable family of high social standing and influence among the masses meant a great deal of responsibility was to be shouldered without complaint.

I crawled my way to secure the position as head of the clan. Now I'm left sitting upon a lonely throne, the minor unspoken obligation to sire an heir suffocating me.

Truthfully, the prospect of finding a woman willing to settle down with me, let alone carry my child, seemed so impossible that pigs flying would be achieved a million times over before I found someone. That was until I ran into my roommate, freshman year of college, desperately hiding from her then boyfriend.

Once we made eye contact, it felt like I'd run into a long time friend who I hadn't seen in ages. That night was the start of many chance meetings, until Raven ultimately decided to just seek me out for comfort. Eventually I found myself enjoying her company even when her boyfriend wasn't chasing her around campus and town.

Talking with her felt as natural as breathing.

This happened for the entirety of our freshman year. Raven would run to me and I'd get her boyfriend to run off with his tail tucked between his legs, or we'd sneak off together simply to hang out. During breaks, Raven would stay with me in our apartment hiding from her family as well. It was during our first summer break that the playful flirting started. I wanted to know where I stood with her. Was I a friend or a shield? Could we joke around with each other or was there a clear line drawn?

Turns out that if there was a line it was faded, or just didn't exist all together. The morning after our first night together was rather mundane…

°
𝚆𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚞𝚙 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚒𝚍𝚍𝚕𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚊 𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚙𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚜, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗 𝚊𝚗 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚋𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚎𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚏𝚊𝚒𝚛𝚢 𝚕𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚞𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚒𝚛𝚜, 𝚠𝚊𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚍. 𝚁𝚞𝚋𝚋𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚢𝚎𝚜, 𝚁𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚘𝚛.

𝙸𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚕 𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚐𝚛𝚒𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚍 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚑𝚒𝚙𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚙𝚞𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚎 𝚎𝚢𝚎𝚍 𝚠𝚘𝚖𝚊𝚗 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝚊 𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚖 𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚢, 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚛𝚞𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔. 𝚂𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚕𝚢, 𝚁𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚢. 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚐𝚊𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙰𝚕𝚌𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚊 𝚜𝚙𝚘𝚔𝚎. "If you like them so much, I'd be more than happy to give you more." 𝚃𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛, 𝚏𝚕𝚞𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚎𝚢𝚎𝚜 𝚖𝚎𝚝 𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚎𝚙𝚢 𝚋𝚕𝚞𝚎. 𝙰𝚕𝚌𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚊 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚜𝚎𝚎𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚕𝚢 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚠𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚗 𝚞𝚙 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚠𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚎 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚜. 𝙰𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚢, 𝚊 𝚜𝚖𝚒𝚛𝚔 𝚝𝚞𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙰𝚞𝚋𝚞𝚛𝚗 𝚑𝚊𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚠𝚘𝚖𝚊𝚗'𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚙𝚜. "I could spend the rest of my life right here, so long as you stayed beside me." 𝙰𝚕𝚌𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚊 𝚖𝚞𝚛𝚖𝚞𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊 𝚐𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜 𝚞𝚙𝚘𝚗 𝚁𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚗'𝚜 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍𝚎𝚛.