Jungkook's Bike || 04

again large age gap because y'all ask for it 😌

jungkook: 18 yo (high school last year)
jimin: 23 yo (working)

___

"you're gonna love your birthday gift," jimin chuckles, holding aera's hand while his words are directed to the younger brother following him behind like a tail, never stopping from his questions about his already delayed birthday present.

technically jimin is late this year. he should've gifted the boy two weeks ago, but due to a lot of paperwork the time kept on extending until finally his manager told him that the 'present' will arrive today and the impatient jungkook can have it.

the rest of the boys had already showered the birthday boy with tons of presents and lovely wishes: a rolex from namjoon, a new gaming computer and equipments from yoongi, a camera from taehyung, a hoverboard and a pair of leather boots of balenciaga from hoseok, and after a lot of thinking jin gifted the boy snacks claiming that he already has everything else and jimin had already told the hyungs not to get him any vehicle. jungkook didn't have to know this restriction for a reason: he'll be mad that his hyung told everyone not to buy him cars despite being full aware of his love for them.

but anyway, from all the heavy presents and money spent on his birthday party in a lavish hotel where jimin had invited all of jungkook's friends and nearly the whole school to mark jungkook's eighteenth birthday. his brother's big day as he called it. there were two parties to be specific, one was their own just the seven boys and aera, and the second one was from jimin for he didn't want his brother to waste his eighteenth birthday in a nasty pub filled with half drunk and sweaty people. so he took it to himself and organised everything he knew teenagers like at a party these days, from drinks to disco, a fabulous dj and lots of people.

it would be an understatement if he said jungkook just 'liked' the party. from the boy's shimmering eyes and the wide smile leaking from his face, jimin could bet he loved the party. and that day he had re-earned the title of 'the best hyung in the whole world' again.

the first time jungkook called jimin that, he was still just three years old and could barely get full sentences out, but from what jayhyun translated to jimin after he helped jungkook climb up the kitchen stool, the toddler did mumble something atrociously awesome. the next time jungkook said it again, jimin remembers the day very clearly and knows that the younger did say the exact words because he had mastered the art of speaking by then. 'my hyung is the best hyung in the whole world!'

jungkook was five and jimin knew he didn't mistake it. jungkook actually meant it as he had hugged the elder brother tightly, then ran to their mother, telling her how his jimin hyungie saved him from some bad boys in the park who weren't letting him play on the monkey bars.

jimin smiles at the memory, shaking his head as aera tugs on his hand, pulling out of his trance. when he looks down at her, waiting for some words which never come, his eyes automatically follow her hand pointing towards the side of the hall where jungkook is standing on his new hoverboard, leaning on the wall and his arms crossed on his chest, blocking their way to the living room.

"i told you you'll get it soon," jimin sighs.

"you've been saying that since my birthday," the boy huffs, "where's my gift?"

"let's not do this buddy, if i said you'll get it, means you'll get it."

"no, don't 'buddy' me hyung. i want my–"

jimin sighs deeply, pulling out his phone and dials a number, glancing at aera with a small smile as he pats her back, gesturing her to go ahead and he's coming, "manager lee," he hums on the phone, "i told you to get something done?"